Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2016, 05:56 PM   #1

Anybody make a SealTec type air blower

I've looked at most all the youtube videos and haven't seen a good simple home made blower.

How do I measure the air pressure in the coach?

Nearest dealer is 200 miles away.

thanks

pointrow
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2016, 06:24 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Check this thread out. One individual Post #19 developed what looks to be a relatively inexpensive way to perform the test. If a person could control the speed via a rheostat I think you could then follow what is shown in the you tube video in post #1 to measure the pressure.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/test...ks-282697.html
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:01 AM   #3

That's the kind of idea I'm looking for. I was trying to avoid a blower on the roof but I'll have to work up there to check for leaks anyway.

thanks
pointrow
Old 04-08-2016, 10:46 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Keep me posted if you build something like this as I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Key is how heavy would the blower be and can a person or two put it on the roof relatively easy to do the test. If I had something like this I would probably test my coach every year to insure all leaks were sealed.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:15 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I'll admit that I tried once. I took a leaf blower and sealed it to a window. It may have worked, I would never know because the leak was in a spot you couldn't spray or see, even if you knew where it was at.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I'll admit that I tried once. I took a leaf blower and sealed it to a window. It may have worked, I would never know because the leak was in a spot you couldn't spray or see, even if you knew where it was at.
I have thought of an leaf blower.
Were you able to determine how much air pressure was created inside? SealTec uses .6-.8 inches of water column, not sure how many psi that is.
I have read somewhere that over 2 psi can push your windshield out of it's molding.
thanks
pointrow
Old 04-08-2016, 05:17 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
No idea on the pressure. I checked where I though it was leaking, but nothing. It took two years to finally find the leak. Hard to do when you live in California and rarely get rain.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
No idea on the pressure. I checked where I though it was leaking, but nothing. It took two years to finally find the leak. Hard to do when you live in California and rarely get rain.

I just figure it would be nice to be able to air test my coach every year or so just as a maintenance issue. It would kind of take the guess work out of looking at caulking and determining if its good or not.
later
pointrow

Tags
seal