Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-16-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Anyone else having trouble with the TST tire sensor's?

Good evening,
Two months ago I bought the TST tire pressure monitoring system. I purchased six sensor's for the motorhome and have had two of them fail on me. The two failures happened separately on two different trips on different tires.
By failure I mean that they both gave erroneous indication of low tire pressure. At first only a few pounds under my low setpoint which sets off the alarm but they both progressively showed lower pressure.
Of course while I was driving this immediately caused me to pull over to check the warning out. After removing the sensor and verifying by sight, feel and tire guage that there was nothing wrong with the tire I removed the bad sensor.
I returned the first one after the trip to California and TST sent me a new one and it is working okay. I have called and informed them I have another bad one and will be sending it back.
Kind of curious if anyone else is having trouble with bad sensor's?
I still beleive that this is a good thing to have on your motorhome but the reliability has me concerned. After all I bought this system so I could have a reliable source to monitor the tires while underway.

04 HR Ambassador 38 PDQ ISC 330 Cummins,
09 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited,
Letsgoagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2009, 08:17 PM   #2
Tiffin Owners Club
Yes. I have trouble with my tst. Had six on the mh and 4 on the toad. had two on the mh and toad, kept letting air out. traded location of transmitter to another tire did the same. I think if i change the rubber tire valve to steel this might help. Don't know unitil i try it.

Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Yes, I had the same problem with several sensors right after purchase in March this year. They replaced the problem sensors, and recommended I use one wrap of teflon tape around the stem before I put the sensor on. All has been well until this past week when I had another sensor do the same. A replacement is on it's way to me right now.
Paul (KE5LXU) ...was fulltimin', now parttimin'
'03 Winnebago UA 40e / '05 Honda Odyssey toad
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:50 AM   #4
Monaco Owners Club
According to other posts over the last couple of years sensor's have been a fairly common problem with all tire monitoring systems. After a few years the manufacturer's have seemed to get these issues ironed out because there doesn't seem to be as many posts about them anymore.

I think TST is one of the latest on the market, so hopefully they too, will get them ironed out.
Bob 2006 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ
US Navy Carrier Battlegroup 1959/1963
Summer in Colorado, Winter Texas Gulf Coast
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
Monaco Owners Club
Just installed my new tst system and all was good on the first day, but the very next day I went out to the mh and the right front sensor had failed. Just blank on the display when it got to that right front or it would pass it up completely. tst said it was a sensor so I mailed mine out today and hope the replacement makes it here before our maden voyage.
BAins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We have had ours for a year and 1/2 or so, and about 15k miles. The first set of sensors was from Saftee and they were short threaded and soft metal and stripped easily if you tried to tighten a leaker. TST replaced the whole set when they became the new distributor, that was almost a year ago and they have all worked fine. I did go to metal stems on the toad as Centrifigual force nearly pulled out a rubber one, and I was not going to give it a second chance. Once in a while it will drop the left rear toad tire, so I am planning to buy the repeater, otherwise the system has worked very well.
Have a great day Happy Trails Bert

2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400, Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W)
Jobert is offline   Reply With Quote