Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #1
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Anyone ever deal with America Choice RV?

Thinking about doing a deal with America Choice RV in Ocala, FL. They seem OK to me, but of course I wanted to check here to see if anyone has ever dealt with them in the past, or has heard of anyone having experiences with this dealer, and how those deals came out. I'm mainly concerned with the quality of their RVs, and not so much their service, as I live in VA, and probably will never be back there for service except for any initial problems.

2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
Duane, Precy, 9 year old son Matt, and Abby, our American Eskimo.
Dmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
We purchased an RV back in 2007 when they were called Turning Wheel RV. One thing I did not like was how long it took them to pay off our old RV that we were trading in at the time of our purchase. I was unimpressed with the sales staff. We were told that they agreed on an RV that we had pick out for purchase only to go to the finance office and find they had picked another RV that we never discussed during our deal. We finally went to the owner who tried to make things right. Don't know why they changed their name. I would never deal with them again....

Dave & Kathy Cramer (Full Timers) AF CMSgts, Ret
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ
2003 Honda Odyssey, Toad Stop Braking System
chiefdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
Smile America Choice RV

The last post is incorrect, Turning Wheel RV moved 6 miles down the road. They recently changed their name to The RV Zone. Because I too in 2008 did not get my unit paid off. B&Q Inc. is the owner of Turning Wheel and The RV Zone where Cross Country RV Used to be. Last I heard they were closing down due to the numerous law suits.

As for America Choice RV - Great People, I put that Unit I bought at Turning Wheel RV on Consignment with America Choice RV and they sold it within 2 weeks. Bobby Santos and Eric were Awesome!

Would not like to confuse Turning Wheel who treated us like crap with America Choice RV who were very professional..
Diamond Dave!!!
diamonddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We did go ahead and trade in our Winne on the Forest River at America Choice. We also took advantage of the 2 free nights in their campground. This gave us a chance to find a couple of problems with the rig, which they fixed right away. I don't recall his name, but the person who was introduced to me as the service manager took care of our problems, and we were very satisfied. They even let us park our Winne in the next camping spot all day so we could transfer our stuff, and say goodbye to the old gal.

All in all, we felt we got a good deal, and were treated very well. I contacted dealers from Michigan to Miami, and America Choice was willing to give us far and away the best deal on the unit we wanted. They stood behind what they quoted over the phone, and didn't try to change the deal once we got there. That was something I was afraid might happen since we drove some 750 miles to get there.

One word of caution. They have a person on their staff who is in charge of handling license plate transfers. She has no idea how to do this when a state other than Florida is involved. Just know that it will be up to you to contact your home state's DMV and you will have to do the leg work yourself. Had I known this in advance, it would have saved a huge drawn out headache that didn't have to happen.

Other than that, I would have no problem dealing with them again.
2011 Winnebago Vista 30W
Duane, Precy, 9 year old son Matt, and Abby, our American Eskimo.
Dmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:04 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the report and also for the clarification on Turning Wheel vs America Choice.
Gary Brinck
2004 American Tradition; 2014 Buick LaCRosse
Homebase in the Ocala Nat'l Forest near Ocala, FL
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote