Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2008, 05:37 AM   #29

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">And, I do not think this is necessary, but I would be glad to forward photographs of the problem to Chandler, the Damon owners forum moderator, for his review since he has inspected many coaches in the past and would understand what he's looking at. If anyone needs verification there is a problem, I'm sure he could do just that from the photographs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I think that is an excellent idea, I for one would trust Chandlers opinion on this and I think he could provide you with some valuable input. I also think if your going to have this forums support we need some evidence of the problem, which this will provide without you fully showing your cards, if you know what I mean.

Sam

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2008, 06:15 AM   #30

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kylamart:
Phew! Thanks Frankie. Sorry again for the rant yesterday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your very welcome.No apoligies needed.I know the frustration you must be going through.Been there.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 09:57 AM   #31

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think that is an excellent idea, I for one would trust Chandlers opinion on this and I think he could provide you with some valuable input. I also think if your going to have this forums support we need some evidence of the problem, which this will provide without you fully showing your cards, if you know what I mean.
Sam </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sam,

I thought you weren't going to "waste your time" posting on this thread anymore, but since you did I'd like you to answer the question I posted the other day: Are you in the habit of asking EVERY person who comes to these forums to provide evidence of their problem before you think anyone should help or advise them? -- Why me? (Is there some tie between you and Damon that I'm not aware of?)

After thinking about it and speaking with my husband, we feel that it is not in the best interest of anyone involved for me to be discussing (and no doubt debating) this "evidence" publicly. I would appreciate Chandler's opinion and have been speaking with him off-forum. I do not feel as if I have to prove anything to you - either directly or indirectly. Representatives from the manufacturer will be inspecting the unit in a few days and will be able to see the problem first hand.

This isn't a situation where folks have to take sides - I just asked for help from anyone who had experience with a similar situation or may have advice. Many people have been kind enough to do just that (on the forums and privately), and I am VERY thankful to all of them.

Sam, I didn't wish to make this personal, but you seem to have done that already. I've been nothing but honest and forthright and I have stated nothing but facts here. I would appreciate it if you just left me alone now.
Thank you.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #32

Sam, I agree with Kylamart.Youve done nothing but egg her on for whatever reason.You seem to have something personal vested in your post.Thanks for stopping.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #33
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, iRV2's rules do not permit discussing or making comments about each other.

Differing opinions on topics are to be expected, and those differences may be discussed as long as it doesn't get personal.

No one needs to prove or provide evidence of anything when they post about an issue, and if a member believes they have an issue and asks for help, then they are not required to satisfy anyone's doubts about the issue.

Members are free to post pictures of a particular problem to help others understand the issue.

No one at iRV2 is authorized to validate an issue, nor will iRV2 personnel do so in an official capacity.

iRV2 is all about members helping members, and if one has nothing to contribute, then a reply is not necessary.

Let's get back on topic, and no more personal comments will be tolerated.

Thank you.

Adios, Dirk
Lead Moderator

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:54 PM   #34

Thanks - and sorry - Route 66. I feel like a kid being caught fighting on the playground. Sorry again about the ruckus.

BTW - The MH is parked in our driveway now. My husband took me out and we rolled up under the coach so he could show me the problem. After seeing it first hand, I think it would be extremely diffcult for someone to deny that there is a problem and that someone at the factory knew that before they sold it to us. (There were a lot of "creative" things done to allow the coach to fit together in spite of being off center).

Anyone know where we could find detailed diagrams about how a motorhome is welded together(especially the steps involving how the first parts of the frame are added onto the chassis). It's a Freightliner chassis, btw, but I'm sure that most of you knew that.

We'd like to try to figure out how this could have happened and exactly what it could effect. (We'd feel better having some idea at least.)

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:40 AM   #35

Sorry, but the "Lemon Law' does not apply to Motorhomes.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:32 AM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">the "Lemon Law' does not apply to Motorhomes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It does under state Lemon Law in Texas.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:48 AM   #37

That doesn't do him much good in MA, does it?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Him who? ...the OP's location is Texas.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #39

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Re </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry, I looked at the top of this page instead of page #1.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:34 PM   #40

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree, in general, with the 'no member bashing' policy. But why is it ok to point out when a comment is ok but bad when a comment (suggestion) is wrong?

I have seen a few comment/suggestions which, if followed, could cause damage and even severe injury. IMHO, to not speak up in those situations is almost criminal as is the original suggestion.

Responding to those posts is not bashing the offending poster, rather a warning that some well intentioned people just post incorrect information which could lead to injury or death.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:54 PM   #41

AHMEN!
Old 09-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #42

I think, Hamguy, it's all in the presentation.

Chandler

Wife, Dee
Chandler is offline   Reply With Quote