Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2015, 03:52 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Aqua Hot Zone 5 not Working

I own a 2005 Monaco Dynasty with a Aqua Hot system AHE-100-03S.When I turn the Aqua Hot on to heat the coach, the front blowers for zone 5 are not working. I've checked the boiler antifreeze and the system is full. I believe the Aqua Hot is working properly. I think it may be the coach thermostat system. I checked the zone by removing the 2 wires that go to:#5 THERM -O#5 THERM.*The red light went out, then I installed a jumper wire between#5 THERM -O#5 THERM to force the zone to run, with no red light. Now zone 5 runs continuously because I removed the thermostat from the circuit. Has any experience this issue? I've talked to Roger who is the Aqua Hot expert but he believes the system is working properly and it may be the coach. Thank you for any advise.
devildawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2015, 04:55 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
It sounds like you may have a bad thermostat of communication issue from the thermostat. What thermostat do you have in the coach. Have you tried a reset?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:07 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I did perform a reset. I've also removed the rear thermostat and installed it in the front. No help. I installed the front thermostat in the rear and the rear zone ran with no issues. I've been rackening my mind about this and unable to figure this out.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:24 AM   #4

This may not have anything to do with your issues but I had a zone quit. Turned out the radiator was air locked and no heat made it to the pipe. Opened pipe clamp and let air out and bled the system and it went back to working
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:48 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Don for the input. I'llgive it a shot and see what happens. I've comfirmed that it's not the thermostat by switching out the rear anf front thermostats. I'm going to turn the system on today and install my jumper wire to bypass the thermostat for zone 5 and vertify all radiator fan are running and heating. This should tell me if there is a air lock and all fans are operational. I will post the results. It hard to believe that I'm the only one that had this issue.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:55 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Where are zone 5 blowers located in the coach? You say the "front blowers for zone 5" are they in the front of the coach? This is usually zone one on the thermostat. Let us know what you find.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
The front living area are on zone 5. I'm taking the coach to the shop tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a easy and fast fix. Thank you for all the input. I will post a follow-up.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:24 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I wanted to post a follow up on my aqua hot issue. The problem with zone 5 turned out to be a wiring issue. The wires connected to the electronic control board were not making a good connection. It appeared that the wires were too large to fit into the slots on the control board. After checking the other connections there were other wires loose also. All wires were trimed to fit and secured into the slots. The aqua hot system is now working great. Thank you for the replies. Maybe this will help anyone that may be experiencing this issue.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:36 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks for the update. Many times we wonder what happened unless we inquire. Glad you have gotten the issue resolved.