Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJGJR View Post
Low temp thermostate on back or mixing valve. Call Roger Burke. If he can't fix it, it can't be fixed.
Low temperature thermostat replaced, did not fix the problem.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
I've had similar lack of hot water problems. At first I thought it was my lack of knowledge about Aqua Hot. Both my DW and I are not "shower lingering folks" but my Aqua Hot gets uncomfortable in about 6-7 minutes with either/both heat sources on. I called Entegra and also Aqua Hot. The Aqua Hot guy said they have been having trouble with the Aqua hots on the Entegras. Their opinion was it is the anti-scalding valve in the shower. The Aqua Hot guy said to take a shower, wait until the water gets cold, then try the sink to see if it still provides hot water. If the sink is cold the problem is in the Aqua hot control, burner setting or whatever. If the water in the sink is still hot, it's a shower problem. I called Entegra and they said it was either the shower mixing valve or the lack of a water conservation disk in the end of the shower hose. I am still tracking mine down. I think mine is the mix valve in the shower control.

I must say my old Monaco had a 10 gal Atwood heater that never run out of hot water for numerous showers.
I run out of hot water at any/all faucets and the shower.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Double check the stir pump. If the stir pump is not moving the water from the bottom of the boiler to the top you will run out of heated water in short order.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
"Maybe I should have said "take showers back to back" - nah That wouldn't have helped....."

;-)

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #19

Entegra Owners Club
I'll probably jink things here so touch wood! We are having zero problems with the aqua hot. The wife took a long shower this morning and then a few minutes later, I took one. Never ran out of hot, extra hot, water.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #20

One thing many overlook about these systems is the fact that they will only raise the temperature of the cold water a predetermined number of degrees depending on the btu output of the unit. If the incoming cold water is at a lower temperature in the spring vs what it may be say in August, the outlet temperature will be lower. We are on a short trip here in MI and, checking the incoming water temperature, discovered it was 42 degrees. This required us to take "marine showers" as the Aqua Hot could not provide the temp change necessary to lounge in the shower. Moved to the southern part of the state, warmer ground water temp, back to lounging!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:14 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Why don't you call Aqua Hot and ask them or email Roger Berke who is the IRV2 Aqua Hot representative.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Why don't you call Aqua Hot and ask them or email Roger Berke who is the IRV2 Aqua Hot representative.
You can also join Roger's forum and get answers there.

It seems I once read that with newer Aqua Hot units that if both the electric and the fuel burner (Diesel or Propane) switches are on then the electric side takes precedence. On the electric side you have a very limited amount of hot water before it runs out. However, once it does run out then the Diesel/Propane side takes over and once heated, you will have a virtually unlimited supply. That is where the lag in the hot water supply likely takes place. If you just turn off the electric side before taking a shower that may get rid of the lag.

We have a Hydro-Hot system and when we want to take a shower we just flip on the diesel burner and take as long a shower as we like.
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:14 AM   #23

I got in touch with Roger Burke yesterday, and began the elimination process.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #24

Spoke to Joyce Skinner yesterday re the problem, within an hour the sales and marketing director for Aqua Hot had contacted me, guaranteeing to get this resolved within the week!
Will update this thread then.
Joyce is incredible!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the forum.

I have merged the two threads you began on this topic since our rules don't allow for duplicate posting.

All of the replies from both threads are now merged here.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
Have a 2012 Winnie Ellipse......Aqua Hot worked great for first 11 months.....I was TOLD BY MANY....get unit "serviced" once per year to avoid problems. Called an Aqua Hot "factory authorized" service guy out of Riverside,California and after the so called "servicing", our Aqua hot will now only provide 4 minutes or so worth of hot water with the diesel burner on. Giving the noise they make, the costs they require, their temperamental nature and the diesel exhaust constantly coming on and out the passenger side of the coach........I miss the old propane system of heat and hot water.

I do like the inside heat and quiet of the Aqua hot as far as heating goes but given the option in the future, I would not own one again, way too temperamental to put up with.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

This is not correct. I never run out of hot water. You guys with these problems should go up on Roger Berke's forum and discuss your problems and fix them. When plugged into shore power I leave the electric element of the Aqua Hot turned on then right before I step into the shower I turn on the diesel furnace just to make sure it doesn't go cold.

The Aqua Hot Forum
http://forum.rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/forum.php
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
This is not correct. I never run out of hot water. You guys with these problems should go up on Roger Berke's forum and discuss your problems and fix them. When plugged into shore power I leave the electric element of the Aqua Hot turned on then right before I step into the shower I turn on the diesel furnace just to make sure it doesn't go cold.

The Aqua Hot Forum
RV Hydronic Heater Forum
This exactly how we use our Hydro Hot and we never run out of hot water either. And we have both been known to take the occasional 'Marathon Shower'.

Do take the time to visit and register on Roger's forum so that you can post and ask questions. It is a great resource. The reason Roger requires registration is to keep the riff-raff out. You will not start receiving junk mail from Roger or anyone else.

Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water