Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2010, 10:02 PM   #1

Assurant Solutions

Has anyone had any dealings, good, bad, or otherwise, with an extended warranty company called Assurant Solutions?

Thanks,

Dave Weber
08 Alpine Coach 40MD TS
dwebcbceo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Google "assurant solutions review"
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:05 PM   #3

Hi Hal,
Thanks for responding. I had searched the Web and the Google search showed only information/complaints about extended warranties associated with laptops and TVs purchased before Circuit City went bankrupt. I could find nothing on MH warranties by this company. Thus the query as I would really like to have some first hand experience with the company.
I also checked with the BBB in Atlanta where the company is headquartered and found that they had a good claim history.

Dave Weber
20098 Alpine Coach 40 MD TS
Old 09-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #4

HI DAVE I have the assurant ins. coverage on our 2002 ultimate advantage 40e. We used it twice to tow and once for shop work. Algie in the fuel. For towing they only pay the first $300.00 per tow. Towed the second time $300.00. In shop cost on repairs was around $1400.00 and they paid all, but $240.00, which $100.00 was the deductable. Very nice on the phone during wrecker call and during time in the shop. By the way if your are ever in Tulsa, Ok. and need work on acummins engine,They are very nice to do business with, good people.
danwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:08 AM   #5

Assurant Solutions

Hi Dave
In regards to the Assurant Solutions policy, here local they seem to be all right. The local R V repair shop here gave them a thumbs up. AS was very good on the phone as to our safty, good response in regards to wrecker service. Had to use wrecker service twice.
The repair service in Tulsa, Ok. was the Kenworth Truck Dealership, on i-40. They could not have been any better to us. They allowed us to spend the weekin in their shop in the MH plugged in to elect, and let us watch as the made the repairs. Very nice people to do business with.
Hope this has helped. Happy Trails Dan Thomas
Old 09-22-2010, 10:25 PM   #6

Hi,
Good to know about the Kenworth repair facility. Never know when one might need help. We have found that Cummins facilities are good. We've had service at 2 of them and the attention and level of care was very profession.
Best regards,
Dave Weber
Old 09-22-2010, 10:47 PM   #7

Workhorse Chassis Owner
danwes.... how much does this run per month/year and how old can you go?
Old 09-23-2010, 05:41 AM   #8

Assurant Solutions

Hi Chris
I got my policy through RV dealer when i purchased the RV. At the time the price was $1600.00 for 2 years. Don't know if ther is a year limit on the coach. $100.00 ductable.
2002 Winnabego Ultimate Advantage 40e 8.3 isc 350 6sp Allison,8 mpg up hill or down hill. Life is great to this point. May the wind be at your back.
Best regards Dan
Old 12-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
We are picking up our new to us 2009 Gulfstream Crescendo C40K tomorrow.
We are finacing the warranty. Are choice was the Silver Plan. This will add about $20
bucks a month. This will wrap the mh for the full 5 yrs 100,000 factory. We will have 5yrs from the in service date, 3 yrs or so of coverage. So it is a great
value. We purchased it from Tom Johnson. They reputable dealer we use for all our
repairs. The warning for any and all warranty companies is they are in business to
NOT pay a claim. That said, if is a legite claim, they all try to be fair for the most part.
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote