Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2010, 08:57 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRVer View Post
Have you tried disconnecting your batteris from the coach in the battery box. I would remove all DC power for a couple of minutes then reconnect.

Not saying this will help but with electronic's these days?!?!?!?!?! Sometimes removing the power, rebooot, will help.
I was sort of thinking about trying similar. I know when I first looked at the MH the inverter was turning off no problem so good chance operator error could have screwed things up. I know the charge I did on the batteries with the generator is probably minimalÖjust enough to get the low battery light to quit blinking. I think I need to plug in the unit sometime, make sure everything is charged up then disconnect the batteries and let it sit overnight and reconnect. Probably wonít do anything but at least worth the trouble. I know if I have to I can simply flip the 2 breakers off and the batteries wonít drain and he big push is to have everything 100% before next spring when it heads north to Canada.
Unfortunately the list of to-doís is getting longer not shorter, which I guess is somewhat expected. Want to do a full service of chassis, engine, transmission, brakes, add washer / dryer and upgrade both TVís and satellite system. Add inverter to the list I guess isnít that big a deal. So far havenít run across anything else thatís wonky. Fingers crossed.

2003 Fleetwood Discovery 38T Pusher
Cdn-Tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #16

Do any of the smart people know if the switch that remotely turns off the inverter has any circuitry on it or is just a simple rocker switch off and on? I ask because if it’s just off / on I should be able to just test the wires at the inverter for continuity. If I pull the small plug and test with a ohm meter will it read open and closed circuit when I flip the switch if working correctly?

Old 10-20-2010, 09:53 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Gordon, it won't hurt anything to use a DMM to test the wires for continuity when the plug is pulled from the inverter. You can try all combos (I believe there are 6 or 8 wires going to that plug) with switch on and off and see if you can find the pair the switch is connected to.

Anotherthing, can you get at the back of the remote switch on your control panel in the coach? That will tell you a lot if you can see the wiring there.

Stewart
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2go View Post
Gordon, it won't hurt anything to use a DMM to test the wires for continuity when the plug is pulled from the inverter. You can try all combos (I believe there are 6 or 8 wires going to that plug) with switch on and off and see if you can find the pair the switch is connected to.

Anotherthing, can you get at the back of the remote switch on your control panel in the coach? That will tell you a lot if you can see the wiring there.

Stewart
I have 3 plugs on the front of the inverter but only 2 of them have things plugged into them. 2 of the 3 look like phone plugs and according to the manual one is for battery temperature which is the TSC plug and the other is marked remote. That remote one has nothing in it. The 3rd one is the Auxiliary port which has a small plug with 2 wires on it. The manual isnít clear so I did something unthinkable and actually phones the manufacturer (go figure).
He said if I had their control panel (which I donít) there would be a bundle into the remote plug. If simply using a rocker switch (which I do have) the 2 wires in the Auxiliary port should do it. Said to unplug that plug and connect the 2 wires pins together with a jumper or even a simple chunk of wire. Then the buttons on the face of the inverter should work. If they do heís 99% sure itís the rocker switch or broken wire. If it does not, probably a dead relay inside the unit which is repairable.
SoÖ.onward and upward. Will post what I find so others can hopefully learn.