Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Awning shade

I'm wanting to purchase an awning shade, 6x10 thing that goes in your awning tube and hangs down. Any one have one, what kind, does it roll up with your awning or do you need to take it out when u roll up?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #2

I have one that is 6X16. Slidees in slot on awning tube. Easy install and take down, fold up and store. Worth its weight in beer.
fletch460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #3

You can roll it up into the awning. I do it with mine with no problems. Makes sure it rolls up with no creeses.
bearaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:47 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I have a 6X16 that I leave in the tube and it rolls up in the power awn just fine. Just be aware of weight and size. If the power awning seems to be under stress when rolling up, then remove it and store it each time. As said before, its not hard to slide it in and out.
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Here's a pic of ours. 6x16. It does roll up in the awning fine, but it is heavy & the awning arms struggle to go up with it attached. So I only roll it up in the awning when I know I still want use it later (i.e. roll it up when sightseeing for the day or when a storm is coming). Otherwise, for winter or at the end of an RV-ing weekend or week, I unzip the shade & just leave the little section that stays in the awning tube.

It's really nice. Gives us extra shade.

Lori-
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000462.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	279.6 KB
ID:	46378  
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:14 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks, my awning is only a 14foot, so it looks like a 10x6 maybe not that heavy. This is what I'm looked at.
SunBlocker by Carefree - Black 6' x 10' - Carefree of Colorado 82108802 - Shades - Camping World
What do y'all have? Any ideas? Bill
Old 09-18-2013, 10:21 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thought about getting one as our favorite park and spot is right on the lake and the sun comes in on the awning side low and off the lake. Would also need one across the end due to the angle we're parked at to really do the trick.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Somewhere on the forum someone said they had a Sunpro awning. Something like 4 ft section slid in and you left that there to roll up. The rest zippered on and off. Might search for that thread. Google sunpro awning.
tlkhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlkhorses View Post
Somewhere on the forum someone said they had a Sunpro awning. Something like 4 ft section slid in and you left that there to roll up. The rest zippered on and off. Might search for that thread. Google sunpro awning.
I don't remember the brand of ours, but what you describe is similar to ours. A 6" wide section stays in the awning track & the rest of the shade is what zips off.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They really help with the glare and heat from the sun. It also keeps the sun off the outside of our refrigerator which helps it cool. I love ours. Our awning is electric and struggles to close without the awning drop so I always take the drop off and store it away. By the way, I was in a Camping World store the other day and they had a display of both the drops and the end shades. You might check them out.
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Doug Sage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning