Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #1

Awning tear

I had a Robin Williams "RV" moment coming into Albuquerque back in April. The awning is in good condition. What would you do to fix, other than spending a bunch of money?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4520.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	486.9 KB
ID:	66031  
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Find a shop that does auto upholstery. They will have the sewing machines that can handle heavy material. They may be able to repair it.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:51 PM   #3

I had a similar problem with mine. I took it to a upholstery shop that makes covers for boats. Cost $75 to have it fixed. The worst part will be taking the awning fabric off the roller and then putting it back on. There are some tricks to taking it on and off. It take two people and two ladders to do it. I think there are some you-tube videos about it.
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #4

Thanks...I was afraid of that. Rarely do I get off easy.
Air Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:23 PM   #5

If this is the awning that came with the MH, I would be more inclined to replace it. They are not that expensive and since you are going through the trouble of removing it, just do it once. There are newer/better fabrics out there that will stand up to the elements a lot better. We recently replaced all of the covers for our slides outs and WOW, what a difference in material.
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Home View Post
If this is the awning that came with the MH, I would be more inclined to replace it. They are not that expensive and since you are going through the trouble of removing it, just do it once. There are newer/better fabrics out there that will stand up to the elements a lot better. We recently replaced all of the covers for our slides outs and WOW, what a difference in material.
That's a great idea. Overall cost in the end will probably a little more but you get a brand new awning.
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning