Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #1

From the first day i bought the motorhome it has had intermittent problems with the backup monitor. the problem has been documented. and been in to be fixed buy three differant sources. even by monaco. some times it will go for mounths without a problem then it happens again.this has been going on from oct. of 05. now monaco is trying to tell me that it is out of warranty. this monitor is a weldex. and i understand monaco stopped useing them some time ago because of problems. Is there anyone else out there thats haveing this problem? and what did you do? thanks Lee

two atv.s & Deuce Hauler trailer so i can take it all with me
leemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #2

From the first day i bought the motorhome it has had intermittent problems with the backup monitor. the problem has been documented. and been in to be fixed buy three differant sources. even by monaco. some times it will go for mounths without a problem then it happens again.this has been going on from oct. of 05. now monaco is trying to tell me that it is out of warranty. this monitor is a weldex. and i understand monaco stopped useing them some time ago because of problems. Is there anyone else out there thats haveing this problem? and what did you do? thanks Lee

Old 11-27-2007, 09:01 AM   #3

What's the problem? More details please.

1997 Damon Challenger
Matt B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:26 AM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leemax:
From the first day i bought the motorhome it has had intermittent problems with the backup monitor. the problem has been documented. and been in to be fixed buy three differant sources. even by monaco. some times it will go for mounths without a problem then it happens again.this has been going on from oct. of 05. now monaco is trying to tell me that it is out of warranty. this monitor is a weldex. and i understand monaco stopped useing them some time ago because of problems. Is there anyone else out there thats haveing this problem? and what did you do? thanks Lee </div></BLOCKQUOTE>monitor goes blank in the backup position. just received a call from monaco, said that they are working on a fix now. and will be covered by warranty.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Had to replace a bad cable a few weeks ago for one that had the same symptoms. Cable was between the camera and monitor that had an intermitant short somewhere. Took about two hours to complete with some help and one tech.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:47 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
See "rear view camera problem" on Monaco forum for some ideas.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:34 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Having problems with ours now. Problem from day one. Poor picture and cuts in and out. Had the camera replaced hope it works better. Had to order a new holder for the camera to even see past the car. I am paying for it but hope to get warranty to cover it.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lee,

I had a Weldex B/W system in my coach and experienced similar problems. Since it was a poor quality unit to begin with (bad clarity / picture), I replaced the entire system with a color Voyager system from RVcams.com. It wasn't cheap ($800), but the staff was very helpful and I was able to use the existing cable with provided adapters. It did take some retro work though where both the monitor and camera were mounted, as the replacements don't just bolt right in. I am very happy with the decision, but I wish it would not have cost me so much...

I can post some photos of the installation if you're interested.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #9

thanks craig,But i am going to wait and see what monaco is going to do first.Hopefuly do right and replace with a decent monitor.

Old 12-24-2007, 05:36 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I had the same problem with rear camera picture going black. Monaco tried to fix three times. Finally the techs at Wildwood recommended replacing the complete system. They put in the Voyager three camera color system. New monitor required a larger hole in the dash. They ran new wiring from the cameras to the monitor.
The only issue is that I can't use the Aladdin Joy stick to switch between Aladdin display and Camera display. That is done using the select function on the Voyager monitor.

I have not been on a trip since the new systems was installed so I will wait and see how things go
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:38 PM   #11

We have a Travel Supreme and have had nothing but problems with our Weldex camera as well as many other TS owners. Next trip to factory I think they will replace it with another brand. They have done everything else to it....
Old 12-26-2007, 10:28 AM   #12

My issues were...lines running through display. When I turn it off it comes back on for no reason, will stop working all together then start for no reason. Its been fixed at least 4 times to no avail...
Old 12-26-2007, 01:39 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RollinOn:
We have a Travel Supreme and have had nothing but problems with our Weldex camera as well as many other TS owners. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Wow, and I was bad-mouthing FW for putting such a cheap unit in a DP. Now that I know that T/S did the same, I don't feel so bad!

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #14

Well, Its been about 7 mths sense i wrote last about my backup monitor. Monaco told me that they had a fix for it. Rewire to a power source all its own. I just had it done. And no it did not fix it. That did not fix a darn thing. So its back to Monaco again. I wish they would just replace it with a good working unit.