Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2015, 07:12 AM   #15

Our solution.....we don't have any friends!!!

Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2015, 09:15 AM   #16

Very similar to wording I see on some boats for novices to deal with marine heads. You might be able to find a nice laminated one via a web search

Old 07-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
Oatmeal, give it up. I struggle every day with not wanting to point out

your, you're,
their, there, they're,
brake, break,
hot water heater (it's a water heater, the water isn't already hot is it?),
pedal, peddle,

and on, and on, and on.
I completely understand, but this was going to go on a sign that was otherwise pretty well written and would have noticeably suffered from a misspelling. And, the OP thanked me!

Personally, I'd appreciate a sign like that, but I'm a real fan of reading rules. But I have to be reminded frequently that I'm in the minority on that.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #18

When guests ask to use the restroom I give them directions to the campgrounds restroom. Especially when they are hinting of #2.

You have to know they won't be bothered to read a list.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #19

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530ktm View Post
I just don't have guests using my bathroom.
Me either.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:09 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
Our solution.....we don't have any friends!!!
We want to go camping with you.. that way, we can not annoy each other with small talk or borrowing 'stuff'
Todd157k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:11 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
I completely understand, but this was going to go on a sign that was otherwise pretty well written and would have noticeably suffered from a misspelling. And, the OP thanked me!

Personally, I'd appreciate a sign like that, but I'm a real fan of reading rules. But I have to be reminded frequently that I'm in the minority on that.
You guys,
"You're" asking folks on this forum, and maybe other forums, to USE THE EDUCATION that they received, in order to acquire a nice enough job, to be able to afford a nice enough motor home, that prompts them to belong to a forum, that they can make comments on, ask questions on, talk about related issues on and so on. Nobody said they had to USE that education.

To the OP,
Apparently you must have quite an array of friends that you must develop and hang, a sign with all the instructions for proper use of your restroom facilities. I guess that's ok, having lots of friends who enjoy camping with you is nice. Everyone's got to do what's best for their situation. If this sign helps with keeping the piece between everyone, in a subtle manor, great.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #22

Poor Oatmeal. I really do appreciate the correction. I spent a lot of time and effort on my education and grammar is important to me. My apologies for the abuse you are getting.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:19 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
How about this for the guys:

ATTENTION
focus
aim
flush
thank-you

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #24

As far as putting up a sign in my bathroom or any other room with rules that would never happen. I take that back... if I was so worried about my friends not being able to figure out how to use the facility and not smart enough to ask I would post a sign outside adjacent to the door saying " No Public Restroom".

As far as your instructions are concerned I think rule number 4 borders on rude...do you have an alike instruction posted on the bathroom wall at home?And rule number 5 should be split.
5) Water Pump must be in the on position to flush
6) Exhaust Fan switch is located below the Water Pump switch

Kim
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:10 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
I once participated on a forum that prohibited correcting other's grammar or spelling in public on the board itself. You only could PM them if you thought it necessary to bring it to their attention but weren't allowed to call them out on the board. I thought it was a pretty good rule as I believe we all make mistakes in grammar and spelling (just about all of my posts are grammatically incorrect) when posting on forums such as these so why go off-topic and risk embarrassing the person in public. I know this board does not have such a rule so I do see participants putting the red-pencil to other member's posts. Many do not take it as graciously as the OP in this thread, however.

Scott, what's a "subtle manor" ...? a low-key big house in the country? I thought we were talking about motorhomes. --nah, just playing with you. If we weren't already talking about it, I never would have brought it up.

As for signs, I believe people are more apt to interpret visual symbols quickly rather than reading through a list of rules. However, in the case of the OP's list, symbols obviously wouldn't work.

Remember the sign posted at the Sochi Olympics?

And the second one makes me laugh the few times I've observed it posted over a toilet ...even though it's a bit crude.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sochi bathroom sign.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	99367   Click image for larger version

Name:	image3.jpeg
Views:	1387
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	99368  

Old 07-06-2015, 11:28 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I am not familiar with the fan having an effect on the toilet. Can someone please elaborate on the relationship, I haven't noticed a diff, or I should say I am unaware of any differences.
LCDRAKAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:38 AM   #27

If the fan is running and all widows are closed it forms a low pressure in the room. When you open the toilet the fumes from the tank are drawn inside.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #28

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good idea, I agree it is a bit wordy for a sign. How about a nice laminated sheet kept in a discreet place & pulled out when needed?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1436288568.753857.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	99413