Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-30-2017, 02:48 PM   #1

Best Air Mattress

Looking for some ideas on the best air mattress anyone has used.

Our couch makes into a bed however it is an air mattress and it sprung a leak. Never really received anything but complaints about it the few times it was used.

Looking for some thoughts on the replacement. We thought by now we would have replaced the couch but have not yet....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-31-2017, 11:41 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyland View Post

Our couch makes into a bed however it is an air mattress and it sprung a leak. Never really received anything but complaints about it the few times it was used.

Looking for some thoughts on the replacement. We thought by now we would have replaced the couch but have not yet....
Our 2017 FW Disco 40G has a couch with inflatable air mattress that the kids (mostly our 15 YO son) seem to enjoy sleeping on. (I have laid on it to watch TV - but never spent the night yet. It's inflates and deflates automatically with the click of a button and the plug reaches to the outlet above the sink when bed is opened - no problem. Sets up and down in less than 2 minutes. I'm trying to find the brand an model - and will update that info soon, good luck!
Old 05-31-2017, 01:56 PM   #3

that would be fantastic trying to find something a bit better than what we have today
Old 06-02-2017, 08:46 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
that would be fantastic trying to find something a bit better than what we have today
Just checked and ours is a Leggett and Platt (Tupelo MS?) Airdreams ultra. We use it with a pillow top mattress pad and it works great Good luck hope it works out.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I can't tell which one to buy, but I can sure tell you the one NOT to buy. Aero Bed. I have had three of the in the last 5 years and everyone of them have failed. I should have stopped buying them when the second one failed. Plus they hardly get used. Coleman does not stand behind it either.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:22 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
When we had our Monaco Diplomat, it had a FLexsteel sofa bed that had a GREAT mattress. It was both air and foam. The foam was on the top half of the mattress and the air portion had an inflator that twist locked on and inflated the mattress in just seconds.

It was one of the most comfortable beds I ever laid on. Check with Flexsteel and see if you can buy just that mattress in the size you need. It folded up with the sofa.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 02:29 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
8$ intex special from WM?

https://www.walmart.com/c/brand/intex-air-beds
Old 06-02-2017, 02:38 PM   #8

American Coach Owners Club
Mine has not been used a lot and it has sprung leaks as well. It's a Villa product the mattress has a padded spring coil cover which is nice.
I think it is air dreamer company or something like.
I made my last repair with some flexseal, kept it in my house and tested it for two days seemed to hold so put it back in the Coach.
I think the whole thing will need flexseal before its over.
Green D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 09:52 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
After several leaks on the sofa we got rid of the air and replaced it with a 5 inch foam memory foam combo. Guests really like it. Much better than inflating and deflating and no more leaks.
Hpyhilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 04:53 AM   #10

Quote:

I don't have an RV yet, but I've been sleeping on an "Insta Raised Air Bed with Never Flat Pump" at home for somewhere between 6 mos. and a year and am quite pleased with it. I did a LOT of research on price vs. quality, comfort, and features before I bought it. I use a Serta foam topper because it was a gift, but the mattress is plenty comfortable without it. (In fact, the foam topper seems to amplify body heat, so it can be a little too warm in the summer.) I got mine at Wal-Mart, but it's available elsewhere. Here's my review on Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/491103534349218098/

One brand I'd recommend staying away from is Intex. That was the one I tried before the Insta (lower price) and ended up returning it not once, not twice, but three times--and still failed to find one that didn't leak.

Depending on the height of your platform, the raised air beds/air mattresses might be too high...but I would assume the quality of a brand would carry over to the company's other products as well.

Hope this is helpful even though it's not RV specific.
karhorn61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 07:05 AM   #11

Quote:

We had the same situation and replaced the OEM with this:

http://www.innomax.com/index2.php?crn=271

Have had it 3 years now and love it. My elderly mother and 3 adult kids all say it's very comfortable.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:57 AM   #12

we ended up getting an air mattress designed for the floor so it was kinda tall with a built in pump that keep it inflated. 2 full size adults ladys slept on it for a week. Seemed to work out well.

I put foam below it to keep it from getting poked in anyway and that also seemed to help.

Anyways should be good until next year.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy braden View Post
As I mentioned in another post, I bought an Intex Self-iInflating, Never-Flat air mattress from WM--which cost about twice as much as the one you linked. It was wonderful--comfortable and worked as described--for two weeks. At that point it sprung a leak, and even the auto-fill pump couldn't keep it from going flat. Returned it and brought home another just like it--same experience. Repeated the exchange--3rd time's a charm, right? Wrong. This one leaked from the very beginning. After the third failure I bought an "Insta Raised Air Bed with Never Flat Pump"; more expensive, but it's held up to me and 2 cats for going on a year.

That will be my last attempt at an Intex, but maybe you'd have better luck.
karhorn61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #14

My 2 sleep number mattresses developed air leaks after going over some mountains this summer so call me crazy I put some green slime inside (for tires) then aired them up and rotated mattress until I felt the slime covered the inside, so far so good, it's been over a week and holding air.