Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I guess just keeping heat out of coach altogether. If inside tight enough and/or reflective it seems that might work too and have advantages you mention. Thanks for suggestion. Do you have pics? I assume this is the Beasley's you recommend? Welcome.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2015, 11:39 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not a Clue View Post
We have a prompt sunscreen, no ladders. Works great custom fit to our RV.

RV Sunscreen | No More Snaps, Drilling or Climbing
We looked at Magna Shade but went with Prompt, perfect fit easy to put up and take down and substantially better priced. Saw a few others in our Winne group with them and everyone is pleased with Prompt.

Texas Boomers and FMCA members
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:46 PM   #17

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
Lt Dan, I have them and I also have them as my tire protection, all of them with twist locks.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:17 AM   #18

Gulf Streamers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to normandlegra
here is the sun protection...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	couvre pare-brise.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	96433  
Old 06-07-2015, 07:25 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnwalter View Post
ehuwebeltz
You did ask for "outside", but we are tickled with our "inside" screen that we got for less than $30 at Beasley's in Center Hill, Florida a few years ago. Welcome
Its a bit of a pain to make a paper pattern of the windshield, but for that price and a color that matches the dash and one of the 4 colors on our coach, as well as never having to worry about drilling holes, fighting wind, dirt, or what to do with a wet screen, it was an easy choice. What are the pros for an outside screen?
One thing I noticed with ours is the heat is kept outside the motorhome.
If I place my hand against the windshield with the MS on, it is cool.
If instead I close the curtains without the MS the windshield is warm.
To me it seems to be whether you want the heat to penetrate the motorhome or not. I also like the fact that I can see through the MS from the inside. It really makes the mh seem 'open'.
To be honest, they all look pretty good in their own rights.
I just thing the MS provides a very nice product that is heavy duty, looks great, and would take hurricane-like winds to remove.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:25 AM   #20

ehuwebeltz
Yes, we went to Beasley's but I suspect you can get the material lots of other places. Like most other projects, once its done, you wonder at how easy it was. Can't figure out how to get you a pic, sorry. You can see out during the day, while others cannot see in. However, its reversed at night and the drapes must be drawn for privacy. As far as heat from the sun, the inside covers do not do as well as the solid outside covers, but I want to be able to see out at any rate. We often camp at the beach, and must draw the windshield curtain if we just have 30 amps for one a/c, but with 50 amps we are okay. My suggestion is you make your own shade and see how it works for you. If you find you really do need the outside cover, you won't be out much money. I am betting you will enjoy an inside cover and wonder at all the folks climbing a ladder to unhook a wet and expensive cover in the rain.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:32 AM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty years View Post
Magnashade looks good but may not hold in high winds.
This has been brought up before in other threads. This is a response from Roger on the subject:

Since starting the Magne Shade product in 2009, we have made thousands of them for all types of motorhomes and RV's, and there have been instances where a shade has come off in high winds or extreme weather. However the instances that I have heard of are few and usually under very severe conditions. Personally I have never had a shade move not even once and I have been in all kinds of severe weather from Florida to California. If we made thousands and they all blew off, we would be out of business. At the Thor Diesel Rally in Indiana a couple of weeks ago the wind was terrible and with rain,! we had a lot of motorhomes with our product out there during the rally and no one had an issue. Here are a few tips that should be helpful to anyone interested in the Magne Shade product.

1. Proper initial installation of the magnets and shade (video as well as written instructions) The initial installation is easy to do as shown in the installation video on our web site.

2. Adjusting of the fabric after each installation with the rod, (the fabric must be adjusted tight for function and aesthetic reasons) the shade is designed for adjustment to the fabric each time it is installed

3. Super slick glass treatments will hinder the friction of the fabric against the glass surface, especially at the magnetic pocket areas.

4. Occasional cleaning of the shade (normal maintenance) increases friction of the magnetic pockets to the glass surface, dirt, bugs etc compacted into the fabric reduces friction.

Even I would expect that because this is a friction system that the limitations of friction only would render some instances of the shade being moved by high winds / extreme weather depending on the angle and other factors mentioned above. This being said and with the exceptionally positive response from our customers in the forums and at all the shows we attend, that our product functions beautifully and exactly as it was designed to do. The Magne Shade product is the very best high quality alternative to any other product using friction fasteners. For ease of installation, effective heat control, customization, safety, frequency of use and high quality materials the value is there in the Magne Shade products. I am very happy to report that our sales growth of over 35% annually is because of our customers who routinely recommend us to their fellow RV'rs in campgrounds all of the U.S. and Canada.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I went the snap on route a couple years ago and they work well but have come to hate using them on the windshield. If I don't put them on before I raise the coach on the jacks I need to be high on the ladder and I'm just not fond of that. It takes me at least 1/2 hour to deploy all my shades.

I have the Magne Shades on order and will either have Roger install the magnets at the Newmar Rally this summer or stop by the factory after the rally as we go from WV down to SC. I am really looking forward to this change.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:36 AM   #23

BTW
We bought extra suction cups and material from Beasley's and made not only a screen that fits onto the window in the door, but also one for the static window above the driver's sliding window. Driver's window stays on and keeps most of the sun from frying me when the sun is on that side as we travel. We bought some more material and made a screen for our patio swing. It extends down from a metal roof I made for the swing from leftover metal roof panels when we had our house roof done over in metal, and blocks the sun in the late afternoon from shining in swinger's eyes. We also bought a mat from Beasley's for the ground outside the MH that is very lightweight and won't kill the grass. Beasley's will custom fit and hem the mats. Nope, don't have any connection with Beasley's and I have been there a total of two times. I think they will ship, too.

Tags
window