Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2014, 11:39 PM   #1

Best place to buy replacement awning ? A&E by Dometic

Looking for replacement fabric for A&E by Dometic. With metal weather shield.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2014, 01:50 AM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just had my slide topper and awning replaced. I added the aluma guard to my A&E Dometic awning to protect it from the elements and tree branches. You need to decide on the material, vinyl or fabric. You did not provide your physical location. I suggest you Measure the length of the awning fabric and make phone calls for quotes. If your in southern CA, I recommend ShadePro.net

Old 01-29-2014, 09:21 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You might want to check with these folks. I haven't used them yet but there's been a lot of favorable comments on here about them.

RV Slide-Out Topper Awning Replacement Fabric Installation

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:03 PM   #4

You might check Camping World. We lost one in a storm on our 2001 Adventurer. We looked at several RV dealers, but the prices were out of this world. We ended up at our local Camping World. They had a huge display of all the models A&E makes.

We decided on a direct replacement 8500 series awning. It came with a rain dump feature on the rear support and a metal weather shield. They happened to be on sale so the cost was well below what any of the RV dealers were asking.

It just so happened the technician could use the existing mounting holes for all the new hardware. It took less than half an hour to install it and we were on our way. The total cost for a 17' 8500 series awning with rain dump, metal weather shield, installation, and tax was less than $900.00
Old 02-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #5

I recently bought a used MH that turned out not to have any fabric remaining over the bedroom slide. I used the RV Toppers referenced above, reviewing their web site and exchanging a couple of emails with the pertinent measurements. I go dood quick service and will use them again when I get ready to replace my galley slide topper. (Not critical because it is under the main awning.) The one I replaced came in a few days, and fit perfectly. It took about an hour for me to install it by myself. Note they claim heavier duty fabric, so we'll see if it lasts longer.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM0209 View Post
Looking for replacement fabric for A&E by Dometic. With metal weather shield.
Any dealer who is an authorized Dometic A&E dealer.

You can find authorized dealers on Dometic's webiste.
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:08 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Funny, I recently posted a thread addressing this very question. My mobile repair tech said he uses American RV Company, as their retail prices on awnings are better than what he was paying directly through Dometic as a repair tech. They offer free shipping on new awnings.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #8

Remember the OP only wanted the fabric, not the whole awning. And be sure to see what fabric weight and stitching is being offered, especially of buying from a third party.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired and Happy View Post
Remember the OP only wanted the fabric, not the whole awning. And be sure to see what fabric weight and stitching is being offered, especially of buying from a third party.
Good point. When I was shopping around, American RV told me they could order any part of my awning as long as I provided them with the correct part number. I got my current awning model and serial number off of my front awning arm. I then called Dometic and asked them for the part numbers of the parts I needed, in my case it was the awning fabric and roller tube. Armed with the correct part numbers, I called American RV and ordered what I needed.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, dometic, replace, replacement