Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2014, 03:12 PM   #1

Best RV roadside assistance

I know I am probably going to get a lot of responses based on other far more experienced RV'rs than myself, but the more info the better.

I have read on several threads about RV roadside assistance, primararily for things such as flat tires. I have seen Coach.net, and good Sam mentioned.

Based on personal knowledge and quality of service provided from both, which one is the better of the two or is there other service providers out there.

Getting my recently purchased Coachmen 360RD Royal for some traveling.

Thank you to you all, I am confident that no matter the question or problem the good folks on this site have either experienced it or know about it.

A RV newbie,
dvkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-23-2014, 05:06 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I suspect that a survey of forum members would show a large majority in favor of CoachNet. I've had them for years and wouldn't go elsewhere.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:17 AM   #3

I have it as a $24 a yr. rider on my Progressive policy.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 06:42 AM   #4

I have coach-net and had to use them twice. Once for a bad tranny and the second for a flat. The first time the tow truck showed up without the right tools. They call you every hour to make sure things are right. When I told them about the tow truck in 30 minutes there was another tow truck that towed me 70 miles back to Wilmington,NC. It didn't cost me anything but the tip I gave the driver
Old 08-24-2014, 07:10 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have read of several problems with Coachnet since they was bought out. Also several problems with GoodSam. I think they are about equal now so take your pick and take your chances.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 07:23 AM   #6

AAA has a roadside service for RV's. While I've never belonged to their service, it might be worth checking in to.
Personally, we have Coach Net and after trying to use them twice and they left us stranded (and they do not call you back every hour) I probably would look into Good Sam and or AAA next time. I've read that some owners even have more than one roadside service just in case.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:49 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thom wanted AAA RV Plus and I wanted CoachNet. He pays for the one he wanted and I pay for the one I wanted. Have not had an occasion to use either one yet but since they cost about the same we just pay for both since that's what we each wanted. It makes both of us happy with the options
Old 08-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #8

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Both companies are somewhat at the mercy of the independent operators they have to contact. The one time we needed help (we were sitting in a park and not in an unsafe place) our coach would not start. Coach Net had a difficult time finding someone willing to come to our rescue.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #9

Progressive

Have the Roadside Assistance Rider.

Got stuck in the mud recently near Vail, CO.

Very helpful! Was back on the road in three hours.

JohnnyB
Old 08-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
We have both Good Sam ERS and Coachnet. Plus whatever service our RV insurance policy provides. You need an on-board, spare tire mounted on a rim to avoid huge hassles in the event of a flat.

There could be a time when a tow truck will drop you off at a service center who has told you they will fix your problem. Tow truck departs and you are now told that "whoops, we don't have the proper equipment or personnel to fix your problem" A second tow may or may not happen, free of charge. This is why a second ERS would come in handy for a totally free tow to an AUTHORIZED service center.