Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-19-2014, 08:26 PM   #15
Forest River Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1397960734.743729.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	60941
This worked awesome on my white coach!!

Dave & Holly
09 Class C 31SS
Lovin2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2014, 09:01 AM   #16
It's been 8 months since I put an acrylic finish on our 11 year-old oxidized MH and it still looks great. It's not an easy job, but so far so good. The process:
1. Wash coach thoroughly with Dawn.
2. Remove oxidation with Bar Keeper's Friend. (The hardest part and probably the most important.)
3. Apply 4-5 thin coats of Zep commercial Acrylic Floor Finish.
It is like water, so easy to use. However it's also easy to put on too much, leaving runs.
Finish looks blotchy until the third coat. Then the luster begins to appear. I put four coats on the roof and five on the sides. Been getting good comments from the day I did it. We've been in the southwest U.S. and no noticeable deterioration.

2003 Itasca Sunrise 32v F53
Okiedoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:27 AM   #17
Originally Posted by Lovin2Camp View Post
Attachment 60941
This worked awesome on my white coach!!

I am not familiar with Bar Keepers Friend. Also, assuming that you are applying The Zep acrylic product to a fiberglass roof, a swell as the coach. Does the product damage paint in any manner

TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:34 PM   #18
beyond waxing

I'm a firm believe zep and bar keepers friend. I have a 96 Allegro and its fiberglass with painted metal storage doors. I first applied zep to the coach about 2 1/2 years ago it looked so good I put the zep on all the doors. A word of caution put tape over your locks. I was so impressed with the results I have a old aluminum boat I painted years ago and I put the zep on the old boat it even looks good. I have touched up the top cap where my windshield cover rubbed the zep about 6 mos. ago. This is my 4th motorhome the others I waxed and work myself to death trying to keep them shining. Zep is the only way to go
bakerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:32 AM   #19
I just completed restoring the sheen on Motorhome with PoliGlow. I am very impressed with that product. The cleaner -- to remove oxidation and stains -- is easy to use and the PoliGlow clear coat is easy to apply. I applied 5 coats to my MH and only needed a couple of minutes of drying between coats. I have a 36 ft. MH and needed a 2nd bottle of PoliGlow to finish the project. Had I only applied 4 coats, one bottle may have been sufficient. Very impressed with the final result and the ease of completing the process.
snitz001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 08:05 PM   #20
Originally Posted by kchadw1944 View Post
We have a 2000 Fleetwood Flair and each year we use a product called Poli Glow..it comes in a kit for about $75.00...applicator and all...address is Poli Glow Products, 3780 Oleander Ave., Ft. Pierce, Fl. 34982-6503....Its very easy to apply, just takes time depending on how long the m/h is...but you can stop and restart where you left off...one bottle is the cleaner and takes off all of the oxidation possible by just wiping it on and then the actual product goes on the same way..the first time we did it we were amazed at how good it worked...plus, you usually only have to rinse off the mh every once and a while...has a really great shine to it too...We do it once a year now...well worth the money...

Appreciate your comments. 2006 National Sea Breeze, in good shape some oxidation. Can the Poly Glow be applied to the decals as well?

TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #21
Max Pro or Zep

I have to second the comments on Zep. In my case, I used the equivalent product, Red Max Pro.
I have used this process/product on two fifth wheels and now the front cap on my MH. The shine is beautiful and I never experienced all the dreaded problems that folks exclaimed. Of course, none of those folks to the best of my memory ever said they tried it.
2004 Allegro 32BA
2005 Honda CRV
TimLoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:41 PM   #22
I have friends that have used poli- glow on two older RVs. The results were very impressive.

Poliglow Products, Inc.| Manufacturer of Poli Glow, A New Concept in Boat Polish
George R. - Fulltiming since January '03
2007 Newmar Mountain Aire 3991
2012 Chevy Malibu LT1
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #23
i went with the ZEP high gloss floor wax. First you use Barkeeper's friend to remove the oxidation and rinse. Then you TSP the coach and rinse. Last you apply 6 coats of ZEP with a microfiber sponge. 3 days work in good weather and it has lasted a year and a half.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:35 PM   #24
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1402090455.450113.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	327.3 KB
ID:	64765Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1402090466.299554.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	494.5 KB
ID:	64766
The holy trinity and my cab top just completed today.
mikeh2obury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #25
Retired Fire Capt

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Wash Wax All

I was introduced to a product initially designed for high end private aircraft. It is a Boeing spec product line that provides an easy and efficient way to clean the motorhome. It is also a water less system.

The Company is called Aero Cosmetics and the product line is Wash Wax All. There is polishing compound that turned my cloudy headlight lenses clear and took care of oxidation streaks easily...

Explore the site and view the videos and application guides. I am able to clean and wax my rig without water and have it done in a few hours without a ladder. With my bad shoulders this is a great solution..

Jeff/Diane, Retired Fire Capt. I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.
2004 Winnebago Journey 39K on a Workhorse chassis w/ ISC 330, Allison 3000
2013 Honda Fit with Roadmaster Baseplate, BrakeMaster and All Terrain Falcon Tow Bar.
GS#819681685 FMCA#F437136 SKP#112720
phinneyj is offline   Reply With Quote