Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2009, 02:47 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question Black Tank Easy Flush: What does it look like?

This motorhome has a fast-flush or maybe it's called Easy-Flush system that uses a second hose connection. I've heard it provides a swirling spray head that washes the black tank. Does it spray from only one spray head or multiple? From the side or top?

It sounds like a washing machine when turned on. Does it do a thorough job? There's no way to see. I usually run it for about 5 minutes after dumping the black and definitely leave the black valve open while flushing. Should we flush everytime, every 5th?

Is there a diagram someplace that shows the black tank and the flusher? Is the black tank flat at the bottom or concave so the contents gravitate downwards and collect at a point? Are the black tank and grey tanks simply rectangle or square heavy plastic boxes?

While talking about tanks.. Isn't bad to keep any of the tanks full? Wouldn't a full 100 gallon fresh water tank weigh in at ~800 lbs and put a lot of stress on the tank and RV frame, and possibly bowing the underside after a period of time?

I cannot visually see any of the tanks. Are the sensors replaceable? Is the plumbing accessible?

Does the flush hose connection require a pressure regulator? The RV park I'm staying has 70 psi at the post (checked). I use a 45-50 psi regulator for the house plumbing.

I see the holding tanks come in all kinds of shapes and sizes... Bottom drain, side drain, recessed drain, right drain, left drain, no drain (No Drain?) just kidding.

There are too many to mention.

This is interesting: A 50 gallon tank: 6 feet long by 2 feet wide by 1 foot high.
Do the math: a * b * c = 12 cubic feet = 89 gallons (A little extra room)
One cubic foot = 7.47 gallons
Always-RVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2009, 02:23 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Only Fleetwood can answer all these questions for you. There engineering dept. will be the place to go. There are so many variations to tanks, flush outs, and so forth. I can tell you that you do not need to haul full tanks as this adds weight to the coach that we all need to watch; especially full timers. If you are going to boon dock you can fill the tank just prior to your destination. The flushers could have one or multiple nozzles. I have a valve that I can flush out either the black or grey tanks. Five minutes should be enough time and I would recommend each time you dump the black tank and every once in a while for the grey.
The way the tanks are installed and constructed there is not problem with having a full tank; it will not effect the chassis (frame).
Sensors are replaceable and the plumbing is accessible usually be removing access or compartment panels. Again Fleetwood would be the place for info for those that are not experienced with you model.
Good luck and keep us posted.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:40 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
i use a pressure reducer and a backflow preventer when using my winne supplied black tank flush system. i have a clear plastic VALTERRA hydroflush adapter that makes the fluid coming out of the black tank visible. i flush the black tank for 3-5 min, turn off the flush water, and let the tank drain. if the water does not run clear, i shut off the drain valve and add water to the black tank for 3-5 min, then drain the black tank. i repeat this until there is no waste draining from the black tank, usually 4 times. caution: do not close black tank drain valve when water is draining. if you catch a piece of tp or other waste with the blade valve it will not close properly until you clean the obstruction out. this messy operation is best avoided.
after the final black tank drain, i add 2 cups clorox to the gray tank prior to draining it to clean out and deodorize the stinky slinky.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote