Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Black Water Flush system problems

I used the black water flush system 2 weeks ago. Emptied and flushed tank as it should. After spending last week with the GK's the flush system would not work. I cannot get water to the tank. I have disassembled the lines and tried to blow air thru them but no luck. Removed the air trap under the lavatory on the flush line, have water to the inlet. I tried to blow air with the air compressor thru the line downstream to the black water tank but still could not get flow. Any suggestions short of removing the tank or nozzle from the tank. Would have to remove the drain valves from both the black and grey tanks to remove the spray nozzle from the tank. Thanks for any suggestions.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2010, 05:13 PM   #2

The one i just traded in didnt like hi pressure from hose, try turning the hose 1/4 or half open and see if that works, If i did mine wide open it would not work.
bad1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1032 View Post
The one i just traded in didnt like hi pressure from hose, try turning the hose 1/4 or half open and see if that works, If i did mine wide open it would not work.
And mine doesn't like low water pressure. I was in a campground with low pressure and tried to flush the black tank and it wounld not go through everything to the black tank. I got under the sink and took everything apart and could not find a problem. Then I realized the pressure was too low. I have run into that same problem several times since then.
Norm4015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Water pressure has never been a problem for the 3 years we have had the MH. It appears that something has plugged the nozzles on the flush system and cannot be blown or pushed away. I am wondering if there is an additive to use that may remove the problem. I have read on some posts that Pine Sol in the tank can help. Also may try the calgon water softner, detergent in the tank and drive it around to se if that will help. Thanks for the suggestions
Old 08-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #5

You might be able to breakl the clog with this dual flusher. You connect one end to where your hose connects and then connect the drain hose to it. You connect a water hose to it and shoot water up to the tank. If the clog brakes all the affluent will just drain as usual.You can turn the water on and off untill the clog breaks without putting more water into the tank. They should have this at any rv store.
koda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:11 AM   #6

Sounds like the check value or spray nozzle has clogged up. You may have to remove it to clean or replace. But first you can try this. Fill you tank 1/2 full add 2 cups Dawn dishwasher soap and drive around for 20 mins. or more. Dump and do it again. Worked for me once.
lostagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:34 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger View Post
I used the black water flush system 2 weeks ago. Emptied and flushed tank as it should. After spending last week with the GK's the flush system would not work. I cannot get water to the tank. I have disassembled the lines and tried to blow air thru them but no luck. Removed the air trap under the lavatory on the flush line, have water to the inlet. I tried to blow air with the air compressor thru the line downstream to the black water tank but still could not get flow. Any suggestions short of removing the tank or nozzle from the tank. Would have to remove the drain valves from both the black and grey tanks to remove the spray nozzle from the tank. Thanks for any suggestions.
my black water flush system anti syphon valve was malfunctioning similar to yours. then it started leaking.
i removed the anti syphon valve and installed a loop of plastic tubing with fittings and clamps in its place. i use an external anti syphon valve on my external flush line hookup. i wait until the black tank is about half empty to pressurize the flush water system to make sure that black water does not come out of the external anti syphon valve.
i learned from this forum to use a capful of calgon liquid water softener from wally world and a capful of sun or other inexpensive liquid detergent as additives most times when i dump to keep the original equipment quantity indicator system working well.
i find that after about a week, my black tank stinks pretty bad.
i learned from this forum that a denture cleaning tablet will control odor in the black and gray tank. i dissolve a tablet or 2 in warm water then dump it in the tank.
i purchase a package of 24 tablets from a dollar store for $1.
btw, i am parked tonight in the wally world parking lot in los banos, ca.
they welcome rv'ers and it a great place to park.
check this website:
Walmart Store Locations Map - Wal-Mart Guide
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN L View Post
my black water flush system anti syphon valve was malfunctioning similar to yours. then it started leaking.
i removed the anti syphon valve and installed a loop of plastic tubing with fittings and clamps in its place. i use an external anti syphon valve on my external flush line hookup. i wait until the black tank is about half empty to pressurize the flush water system to make sure that black water does not come out of the external anti syphon valve.
i learned from this forum to use a capful of calgon liquid water softener from wally world and a capful of sun or other inexpensive liquid detergent as additives most times when i dump to keep the original equipment quantity indicator system working well.
i find that after about a week, my black tank stinks pretty bad.
i learned from this forum that a denture cleaning tablet will control odor in the black and gray tank. i dissolve a tablet or 2 in warm water then dump it in the tank.
i purchase a package of 24 tablets from a dollar store for $1.
btw, i am parked tonight in the wally world parking lot in los banos, ca.
they welcome rv'ers and it a great place to park.
check this website:
Walmart Store Locations Map - Wal-Mart Guide
Thanks for the suggestions. Wally world in my area does not carry water softner. Will have to order. I tried to blow air thru the line downstream of the anti-syphon valve but still could not get into the tank. Have suggestions to use various bio additives and also chunk ice in tank to try to knock loose whatever may be plugging the sprayer. I have bought the add on for the drain valve to backflush from the drain back into the tank. This is all on my work list for the next week or so. Any other suggestions are welcomed.