Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #1

Blocked in

Has anyone had this happen ?
We recently stopped at a new Denny's restaurant in Canton Tx. It was mid morning and plenty of parking front, side and back for cars and pickups. We pulled around to the far side taking up several spaces as we are 45' and towing. I would not do this if it had been busy. When we got ready to leave, someone had parked in the only space I had left right in front of my rig and as close to me as he could get and still open the door. I looked around and counted just in the front 17 parking spaces and about that many in the back. Yes there were just that many when we went in. It was apparent he had park there just to spite as he had parked over the white line nearest to my rig. I wanted to go back in and confront the culprit but didn't . Just unhooked and backed up enough to get out. I'm sure he got a good laugh at my expense. People can be so rude!
augar boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
I would have gone in and announced in a VERY loud voice that a tow truck was towing "color" "make" vehicle from the back lot and they needed to get out there fast......then when they come out, ask them to move it or it would be moved. I do not have a lot of patience with idiots, and as I get older it is less and less.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
GG1

Winnebago Owners Club
I would have left a not so nice and not so politically correct note on his windshield, then after I left I would have called the restaurant and asked them to announce that someone just ran into the car.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:33 PM   #4

That's when you wish that you had picked up the buffalo chip as a present.

Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:37 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Bluepill

is you dog still alive???

jack
Jack R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I spent six months in Texas and that's not something I would expect a Texan would do. It must have been someone from out of town.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I always park so no one can do that to me. Plus I can back up a couple feet even with the toad on.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack R View Post
Bluepill

is you dog still alive???

jack
Genuine buffalo chip. T. Roosevelt NP in ND.

Yellowstone Lake 6-1-2012
bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
The world seems to have an over abundance of worthless turds like the one that blocked you. I am a little old to be getting into fights, but this person needs a good old fashion whipping. In the not so distant past I would have made sure that either he or myself would have had a bad day. But you did the right thing and rest assured his day will come.
catonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I've come up with about 20 diabolical things I'd like to do to someone like that. It would almost be fun to start a "retribution" thread, but that would be in poor taste.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:17 PM   #11

Vintage RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm used to people trying that- Especially to my tractor-trailer in parking lots. I always try to find either an island sticking out or the end of the lot, start my turn, and then make sure there wasn't enough room in front of me, by cutting it hard and backing up just enough so traffic could go around. Furthermore, if it seemed impossible to reach that point, I just set out my cones/triangles in the space ahead.
I never found out why some people do that kind of thing, but in a way I'm glad I didn't- It might have been just the push I needed to slap them silly!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:46 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Simple remedy, Move your rig out and make sure you block the view. Take the valve stem removal tool you carry in your pocket and remove all 4 valve stems from the tires of the offending vehicle.
Stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
Simple remedy, Move your rig out and make sure you block the view. Take the valve stem removal tool you carry in your pocket and remove all 4 valve stems from the tires of the offending vehicle.
I'm with Bud, lets not go there please. I think of it as, that person was just displaying their intelligence.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #14

Workhorse Chassis Owner
A gob of grease on the inside of the door handles works well, or if you have a dog that needs to go for a walk!
cj5 jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote