Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
There have been many a discussion regarding valve extenders. One solution, Borg Tire valve extenders have been briefly mentioned by a couple of people over the years. But I havent been able to find any real good evaluation from those people regarding the product.
So what say you that have those extenders. Are they good? Do they leak? Do they fit thru the wheel simulators nicely? As you can see by my signature, I want them on the Ford chassis with the 19.5 wheels and plan on using the Pressure Pro Tire pressure sensors on them. An email from Borg claims the sensors will work fine with the extenders.
Any thoughts?
Mike

ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-19-2008, 11:04 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
There have been many a discussion regarding valve extenders. One solution, Borg Tire valve extenders have been briefly mentioned by a couple of people over the years. But I havent been able to find any real good evaluation from those people regarding the product.
So what say you that have those extenders. Are they good? Do they leak? Do they fit thru the wheel simulators nicely? As you can see by my signature, I want them on the Ford chassis with the 19.5 wheels and plan on using the Pressure Pro Tire pressure sensors on them. An email from Borg claims the sensors will work fine with the extenders.
Any thoughts?
Mike

Old 03-19-2008, 11:35 AM   #3

I have them on my F53 with 19.5" wheels since late last year. I got sick of the flexible braided stainless ones leaking. I had a tire go out due to the flexible ones and decided right then to go to Borg. I have had no issues since. No leaks at all . They fit fine with the simulators. They give you a rubber insert that fits on the handholds of the wheeel to center the stem
Old 03-19-2008, 06:04 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to GerryB54 Send a message via Skype™ to GerryB54
I used them on the rear duallys of my former Chateau Class C...these are not extenders but actually valve replacements that are long, solid brass items.

A wonderful product and need to get them for my current Class A.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:08 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
As a previous user of the braided stainless extenders and getting rid of them because of their constant leakage, I was very skeptical about trying the crossfire system because it also uses the stainless braided. I bought the crossfires and have had them installed now for about 2 weeks and a few hundred miles and they haven't leaked at all. You can still utilize your pressure pro's for each wheel with a main fill valve (as long as you order them that way) so you might want to look at this system. I really like the quick look for tire pressure and being able to utilize the pressure pro's. So far the crossfire display matches what my pressure pro display says from the drivers seat. Just a thought or other option for you to consider
Old 03-21-2008, 09:14 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by born2camp:
As a previous user of the braided stainless extenders and getting rid of them because of their constant leakage, I was very skeptical about trying the crossfire system because it also uses the stainless braided. I bought the crossfires and have had them installed now for about 2 weeks and a few hundred miles and they haven't leaked at all. You can still utilize your pressure pro's for each wheel with a main fill valve (as long as you order them that way) so you might want to look at this system. I really like the quick look for tire pressure and being able to utilize the pressure pro's. So far the crossfire display matches what my pressure pro display says from the drivers seat. Just a thought or other option for you to consider </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where did you get yours and am not sure how you order them to where you can still use the pressure pro's/
Mike
Old 03-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #7

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
HI Mike, you can read up on the crossfires atDual Dynamics Then you can click on the "distributors" link to find someone that is close to you. I bought mine from Ed Donelly Enterprises because Jeff at DualDynammics recommended I call him as he was very familiar with the additional fill valve needed on each line so I could utilize the pressure pros. If you want to see a picture of how mine are installed, let me know and I will send you picture showing how the sensors are mounted on the crossfires. You will have to know what PSI you want them set at. I believe it is from 50 to 150 PSI in 5lb increments. They come preset at the pressure you order. Then you can easily and visually check both tires pressure by the "yellow"= Normal "black" = under pressure "red" over pressure. Mine are 90psi and when the tires are cold/cool the mark is right on the yellow middle. After running about an hour they will go halfway up to red because of the tire heating up while driving.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:51 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I forgot to tell you that you can find Ed Donely if you click on KS/Kansas. He is listed as Donley Enterprises. 800-774-1944
Old 03-22-2008, 06:01 PM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">not extenders but actually valve replacements that are long, solid brass items.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>You can find these at most truck tire shops. They only cost about $3.50 each. The only thing is you have to break down the tire to put the valve on the wheel. The metal stem can be bent to the angle you want. Comes in different lengths. Better and safer than any extender out there.