Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-16-2007, 04:43 AM   #15
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I had a number of Blue Ox Apollo brakes, but none of them worked anywhere near what I invisioned they should. I was told to level the device and then insert a Lady's Home Journal under the front of the unit to gain sensitivity. That helped, but was told to increase the height of the front elevation by another 1/8". Blue Ox was great when it came to sending replacement Apollo units, but they all worked the same. They would not brake, even when set at the most sensitive setting without elevating the front of the unit. I would think Blue Ox would redesign the Apollo to operate within the six sensitivity setting it provides. Ended up with a Blue Ox Toadstop II, which is a totally different system. Unless Blue Ox has improved the Apollo, I would not recommend it.

01 Country Coach Affintiy 42'
hawg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #16
I too have the Blue Ox Apollo.

I have received nothing but the best in service from Blue Ox, including a custom made base plate for my current toad, and having the factory technicians try to tweak my Apollo for best operation, including an extremely good price on the wireless indicator.

Unfortunately, I've lost count on how many times the Apollo has been replaced under warranty, and I have no idea of how many times I have felt that it is doing nothing other than taking up space in my toad. I have no confidence in its doing its intended job. I was even once told that even though it wasn't working that it would "look good if I was in an accident" to have it installed.

It is very likely that I will be going with another system in the future. I had one person indicate that Blue Ox might allow me to exchange for another system of theirs, but since I don't care for what they offer I have never pursued it.

Chris McVetty

Murfreesboro TN
The Clock Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 12:30 AM   #17
To; Depchief;

Brake-Buddy vs Blue Ox

Can't say anything about Blue Ox.

I use their tow set up for my toads.

I've had a BB since 5/2000. The only service I needed was in 7/2000 when in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I, and don't know how, pulled the wires out of remote break-away power plug, cig. lighter.

I called BB and they over-nighted a new set-up.

Have had "0" problems and the BB has done it's job.

I know it works because I sometimes don't take the 10 minutes to install and can see difference in stopping distance.

I would only buy BB if there was a future need.

Hope this info helps.

===== Aime=== AJBJRVERS===

ajbjrvers is offline   Reply With Quote