Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #1

Brake Rotor W20 Workhorse Chassis

I am going to replace all the rotors on my 2001 W20 Workhorse Chassis. What I need is information on how they come apart. Do I have to pull the axels on the rear and remove hubs and wheel bearing off the front? Or where can I find the information on this procedure for the rotor changeout?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Jerry1, the Bosch Pin Slide Disk Brake Manual may help you. Also, here is a post from someone who recently replaced his 66mm calipers with 73mm calipers. It has some pictures which may help you.

Good Luck!
Stewart

Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This probably belongs in the Workhorse Chassis forum, but....why are you doing this?

I recently had to replace the rear rotors on my W22 chassis due to severe heat transfer of brake pad material onto the rotor surfaces...all apart of the WH brake caliper recall issue. This is all discussed in the Workhorse Chassis Forum.

While normally there might be a chance that the rotors just need resurfacing, sometimes too much material would be lost to meet the rotor specifications requirement.

I would urge caution and the input of a reliable mechanic.

Be very careful of the rear outer wheel bearing seals. Unless there is severe heat damage, it may be better to not disturb the seals when replacing the rotors. Be careful!! This not a job for the faint of heart !!
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:13 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry1 View Post
I am going to replace all the rotors on my 2001 W20 Workhorse Chassis. What I need is information on how they come apart. Do I have to pull the axels on the rear and remove hubs and wheel bearing off the front? Or where can I find the information on this procedure for the rotor changeout?
don't mess with the rotors and brake pads unless you replace the calipers at the same time. you will change the position of the pistons in the calipers with disastrous results, eg pistons not returning resulting in over heating or worse.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote