Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-03-2009, 06:29 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
Broken Valve Stem & Coach Net

Well I finally got around to diagnosing my slow leak on the rear passengers side outside dual. I have battled this thing for 2 years. So, I decided to take the SS liner off and check it out. Well as I pulled the liner off it caught the very edge of the 45 degree extension and I found the leak... It was a cracked valve stem. The stem was cracked right where the last few threads where the extension screwed on, on the back side of the valve stem. I just barely touched it and broke off.

So, now I am sitting in my RV barn with a flat and no real easy way to remove the lug nuts, remove the tire and replace the valve stem. So, I called Coach Net. I spoke to areal nice lady that took all the necessary info and said she would call back when she had the service call set up. That took all of about 5 minutes. The repair guy called a bit later and said they would be out in about 1 hour. Now I live 9 miles out in the country from the nearest town and close to 40 miles from where the service was dispatched from. I had to go to the post office so I met the service provider in town and lead him back to my place. Had it fixed in about 20 mins. My cost $39.20 for the "flat repair" and valve stem.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
oemtech: Almost identical, I had new tires installed, balanced and new metal stems.... The next day at home checking tire pressure and as I unscrewed the valve cap on the right front, the end of the valve stem and the cap shot into the stratosphere. (Got my attention) After my 2nd backflip, I called Howell Tire Co. (my dealer) and he replaced the valve stem without removing the wheel and re-inflated the tire. The new stem had broken at the start of the threads, no extension. My Bigfoot levelers will lift the tire off the ground....
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I've used Coach net a couple of times with the same results, they are friendly, prompt, and most important they send the RIGHT KIND of help.

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 10:35 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Oemtech
The only reason I used the 20 ton jack as we full time and I had the slides out. It just made it easier than pulling in the slides, raise the rear/side of the coach, fix the tire, re level the coach and put the slides back out.