Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Sorry to hear about wife Prayers are send to you and her.

1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You and Rita are in our prayers. At some point we all have to hang up the wander lust. I hope you and Rita have the best of what life can offer with or without rolling wheels to travel on.

Don, Sandee & GSD Zeus. Gardian Wings earned are GSDs Gunny (7/11/15) & Thor (5/5/15)
2006 DSDP 4320, Spartan MM IFS, 2013 CR-V, Blue Ox Avail, SMI AF1, Samsung 197R Refer.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:04 AM   #17
So sorry to hear. I pray for her recovery and that you will be able to enjoy you mh again real soon.

Stories like this affirm my decision to keep my RV. At times I have debated the expense and justification of such a large RV at my age (46). We love camping and traveling and its something that helps us get thru the winter months, planning our trips for the coming summer. I would be so disappointed to sell it and wait for those days when we retire and can really travel only to have one of us fall ill. It can happen to any of us at any time and your story reminds me just how important it is to live each day now and not wait to enjoy life. I might not have as much money when I retire but I will have enjoyed life getting there.
Thanks for sharing and I wish you and your wife the best.
2000 Monaco Windsor Cummins 330
greatlakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #18
Fleetwood Owners Club
Keeping you and Rita in my prayers. Sure hope things look up and you can stay in touch.
Penster, Williamsburg, VA: Me, Him, and Oliver the cat
2012 Bounder 35K aka "Big Red", 2 Suzuki Savage LS650's (1 for her, 1 for him).
Penster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita View Post
Our "Bucket List" began BIG but medical has forced us to apply the brakes for the last time.
Rita fell out of the HR backwards about a year ago and has been going down hill since.
We have bought a lot in Port Susan Camping Club, in Washington and Parked our new to us 2006, after only 9,000 miles.
Not sure what the future will bring but still trying to look ahead and praying for healing.
Thanks to all who during the last year have made our journey fun.
Larry & Rita
How are you and Rita doing? Do you have someone to talk too? If not I got the gift to gab. Feel free.
Prayers are with you and Rita
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #20
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't like reading stories like this either. It makes me feel vulnerable and sad for you both at the same time. I know you will always have the memories and I hope things will turn out for the better. God speed.
02 Fleetwood Discovery 37U, 330 Cat pulling a 2006 diesel Liberty..or..2011 4dr Wrangler..or..20' Lund Salmon/Halibut Hunter
csrrsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #21
I am so sorry to hear of your wife being unwell at the moment. We will remember Rita, and you, in our prayers!!!
Tigger, Bear, & Annabelle
Our feline babies!
Mike-n-Karen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #22
Fleetwood Owners Club
Praying for both of you.
2008 Fleetwood Discovery 40x
2002 Jeep Liberty
jrgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:16 AM   #23
Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lorraine and I have you both in our prayers. Hoping that we can still meet for lunch occasionally when we are in your neck of the woods. God Bless!
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #24

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Your recent energy management issue reminded me that I did not come back to this thread with a reply. When I first read it, all I could do was shake my head and think - there but for grace go we.

All I can say is what the others have said and let you know your are and have been on our list for some time.

All the best to you both. And hope the energies situation is resolved soon.
Steve and Annie
Steve & Annie (RVM2)
2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38F ~ 325 ISB Turbo ~ Freightliner XC 2014 CR-V ~ Invisibrake / Sterling All Terrain
Sioux Falls, SD (FullTime Since Nov 5th 2014)
flaggship1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
I am not a terribly religious man, so I hope the good Lord is willing to listen to my prayer for the both of you anyway. God bless, and may the wind be at your back.
Neal and Deb + Mya and Gizmo, the pup's
2003 Winnebago Sightseer 30B

May the roads rise up to meet you, May the winds be always at your back...
Pepper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #26
National RV Owners Club
Larry I do hope all is well with Rita, I am so sorry to hear of this. Be well.
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC "Irish Jig"
2014 Chev Cruze (Towed)
mofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:42 PM   #27
Ford Super Duty Owner
prayers for rita hope all goes well
Allan&Mary with Daisy Dog&peanuts
1999 Newmar Mountian Aire 3758 37.5 ft V10
living life like there is know tomorrow
aschuh53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #28

I am a late bloomer at 55, my wife and i have two sons 3 and a year and half. We purchased our motorhome a week before our second son was born and we were filled will joy and plans to enjoy our new to us DP. One week later our oldest son was diagnosed with one of the rarest forms of AML leukemia and our world was shattered. With the help of St Jude and MCV we had a treatment plan and bone marrow transplant. One year later we have been able to make several short trips and have enjoyed every minute. Our son faces the possibility of having to have another transplant at John Hopkins this summer. Never give up hope and think positive It really does work!! All the best.

Tony/ Caroline
Quinlan and Zander

Tony & Caroline
1998 Safari Ivory Edition
Quinlan1112 is offline   Reply With Quote