Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2010, 10:01 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-Sommers View Post
So you go into the grocery store and there is a sign placed on an item you usually purchase for two dollars each, that says "Five For Five Dollars", and you say to yourself - one dollar each today, good deal - and load four of them into your cart for purchase.

After checking out you discover that they charged you eight dollars for the four items so you complain ti the store, and inform others via the internet how you have been ripped off, even though lower down on the said sign that you must take five to get the lower price, which was pointed out to you by management but you still think you was ripped off.

Well, life sucks sometimes huh?

Ed
Ditto Ed and second Bill's comments as well -- most oil change shops that I've been to have a flat rate for an oil change. Life is short folks, time to move on to more important issues --
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
For clarification concerning comments on my last post concerning changing my own oil in my coach. If you will read the comment you will notice that I NEVER ADVOCATED OR ADVISED ANYONE TO GO UNDER THEIR COACH WITH THE JACKS EXTENDED...
I wrote that THIS IS WHAT I DO. My coach is such that with the jacks extended NOTHING COMES OFF THE GROUND. I HAVE TO BLOCK UP THE JACKS TO GET A TIRE TO COME OFF THE GROUND AND I DONT DO THAT....
MY coach is such that I can crawl under it without using the jacks to lift it but I use the front jacks to give more working room under the coach so I wont spill my beer easily....
Be safe guys and READ before you jump to a conclusion......

Seajay the sailor man
God bless our troops and bring them home soon and safe
God bless our vets ...ALL GAVE SOME ...SOME GAVE ALL ....
Old 05-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Location: KM Parks in Western Washington and Yuma,Az for the Winter
For cripes sake folks. I griped because I paid for 3 quarts of oil that I did not get. Give me a break. If all you people want to donate money to a big organization just for the heck of it be my guest. As far as I'm concerned I have a legit gripe. If you don't think so, IT'S A FREE COUNTRY!!!!!! And I left nothing about the oil out of what I said about the invoice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2010, 09:02 PM   #32

I have all of my autos done at Valvoline and each one takes a different amount of oil but the price is the same, $29.95. I think if you got an invoice listing the amount of oil it was just record keeping and not decption. I had CW install HWH jacks a few years ago in Chatanooga, Tn. and they were nice to me. I had a 10% off CW coupon and a 10% discount from HWH and they honored them both for 20% off the total bill.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:08 AM   #33

Damon Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
my experance with CW is that I went in to have my RV wired for electric brakes for my tow dolly, told them what I have and that I want to keep the flat 4 plug, as I pull my atv trailer or my boat trailer too, they told me it would be around $200.00 for an estimate, so the next day I loaded the car onto the dolly attched to the RV, we drove 32 miles ( and it makes a big differnce not having trailer brakes) unloaded the car to drive back home as they asked to keep the RV there, figure OK, went inside, told them I am here we went out to look at the RV we went back in he gave me a written sheet of paer with all the items and cost ,total cost is (again, estimate) $573.99, now how do one goes from $200.00 to $580.00 ?? didn't want a differnt plug, just wanted to add the wire, keep my flat 4 plug to pull other trailers. asking him about the plug, the cost, after a nice little talk , he started to talk to me like I was dumb, told him you are rip off and stop treating people like there stupid, walked out , went to Wally world bought the controll, went to Napa bought the breaker and split loom along with the wire took 1 1/2 hours to do something I never did, and did it the way I wanted. total cost was near $70.00 dollars
Old 05-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
For cripes sake folks. I griped because I paid for 3 quarts of oil that I did not get. Give me a break. If all you people want to donate money to a big organization just for the heck of it be my guest. As far as I'm concerned I have a legit gripe. If you don't think so, IT'S A FREE COUNTRY!!!!!! And I left nothing about the oil out of what I said about the invoice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My hats off to you my brother and here is a large Sailor thank you for your input concerning Camper World and their pricing structure.
I am like you..... I believe in paying a ''fair price'' for services rendered but when I feel like I am being ripped off my ''back bows up''.............
It seems that some folks are blaming you for the incident and implying that you were ''less than bright'' for complaining about not getting what you pay for. I seriously wonder what the ''nay Sayers'' would think if CW went from 8 quarts to 12 quarts on their billing. I would suspect they would be the first to bitch about it .......
Anyhow , THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT CONCERNING PRICING FROM CAMPER WORLD AND I SHALL PUT ON MY LIST OF ''DO NO BUSINESS WITH'' FOR FUTURE REFERENCE......
Seajay the sailor man .....
God bless our TROOPS and bring them home soon and safe
God bless our vets .....ALL GAVE SOME ......SOME GAVE ALL....
Old 05-03-2010, 04:01 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hey Bill Adams, don't be so thin skinned. I just asked you a simple question.
And I assume Mike Brez that you have a 8.1 L engine in your rig??
And for all of you that fall into the catagory, cheap shots are just that
Old 05-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seajay View Post
For clarification concerning comments on my last post concerning changing my own oil in my coach. If you will read the comment you will notice that I NEVER ADVOCATED OR ADVISED ANYONE TO GO UNDER THEIR COACH WITH THE JACKS EXTENDED...
I wrote that THIS IS WHAT I DO. My coach is such that with the jacks extended NOTHING COMES OFF THE GROUND. I HAVE TO BLOCK UP THE JACKS TO GET A TIRE TO COME OFF THE GROUND AND I DONT DO THAT....
MY coach is such that I can crawl under it without using the jacks to lift it but I use the front jacks to give more working room under the coach so I wont spill my beer easily....
Be safe guys and READ before you jump to a conclusion......

Seajay the sailor man
God bless our troops and bring them home soon and safe
God bless our vets ...ALL GAVE SOME ...SOME GAVE ALL ....
I never said that you advocated anything. I just simply said that jacking up an RV and going underneath is a terrible thing to do. I even left the fact that you did it all loaded up on a case of beer alone. Come on, that's a joke!
Since there are many new readers on forums, they may have misinterpreted "what you do" as a good thing and that could be a deadly choice.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:19 PM   #37
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Folks, let's drop the personal comments as they are not in keeping with our mission nor our rules.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:24 PM   #38

Quote:
The problem here is that you have presented no evidence of any kind that you did not get what you paid for. It sounds like you went to CW where they charge $xx.xx for an oil change including "up to" 8 quarts of oil. It appears that you paid that exact amount but only got 5 quarts of oil and you want the other 3 quarts that you are not entitled to.
Since my business is focused on satellite internet I will use an analogy from that field. The HughesNet satellite internet service is sold as having speeds "up to" 1000K down. If I only get 500K down, I am not entitled to a refund of half my money since 500K is included in the "up to" 1000K down figure and I got exactly what I paid for.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #39

Quote:
Hey Bill Adams, don't be so thin skinned. I just asked you a simple question.
And I assume Mike Brez that you have a 8.1 L engine in your rig??
And for all of you that fall into the catagory, cheap shots are just that

Finhawk as you can see by my sig I dont have a 8.1 L. You said your coach takes 5 quarts.I think you should check your owners manual. I just did a quick search and it looks like it should take 6.5 quarts with a filter change. I also did a search for camping world Camping World Procare – The RV Repair & RV Service Experts Since 1966. - Camping World and it clearly states oil change gas $84.99. I just dont see how you were riped off and think they owe you a few quarts of oil. You also said they lubed it so you even got a little extra for free
Old 05-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
OK For all you gentlemen who are infatuated with CW and those of you who work for CSI on the side, I sincerely hope you enjoy your future relationship with that company
As for my future service requirements, a GM shop will be my choice.
You folks have a great life now, Ya Hear!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike brez View Post
Finhawk as you can see by my sig I dont have a 8.1 L. You said your coach takes 5 quarts.I think you should check your owners manual. I just did a quick search and it looks like it should take 6.5 quarts with a filter change. I also did a search for camping world Camping World Procare – The RV Repair & RV Service Experts Since 1966. - Camping World and it clearly states oil change gas $84.99. I just dont see how you were riped off and think they owe you a few quarts of oil. You also said they lubed it so you even got a little extra for free
Now I know there was a problem Mike-------I didn't get any GAS! The lube was included with the service. Didn't you notice that small thing?
The whole thing was about OIL.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #42

Quote:
Now I know there was a problem Mike-------I didn't get any GAS! The lube was included with the service. Didn't you notice that small thing?
The whole thing was about OIL.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Bottom line you were wrong. It clearly states that a gas powered motor home oil change is $84.99. Plus you do not even know how much oil your own motorhome takes. Time to sit down and read your owners manual.
Closed Thread