Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2007, 04:11 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club

BUYER BEWARE BUYER BEWARE BUY BEWARE

In reference to the post I entered on August 14, 2007 08:57 PM about the purchase of a Electric operated 2 step unit I made from <span class="ev_code_RED">RV TOYOUTLET</span>. To this date I have not had contact with this company. After numerous tries by phone and E-mail, they have not responded. I reported it to the Credit Card company I used to make the purchase. And they filed a dispute claim about it. They told me to deduct the cost of this item off of any monthly payment that I might need to make until it was settled. They in turn did what ever it is they do to give them a chance to respond. Apparently that response never came and I was instructed to send the item back and send proof to Credit Card company that the item had been returned. After all this was completed satisfactorily I received a full credit for the item. It did cost me shipping charges to return it. But I received credit for the item and original shipping charges.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2007, 04:11 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club

BUYER BEWARE BUYER BEWARE BUY BEWARE

In reference to the post I entered on August 14, 2007 08:57 PM about the purchase of a Electric operated 2 step unit I made from <span class="ev_code_RED">RV TOYOUTLET</span>. To this date I have not had contact with this company. After numerous tries by phone and E-mail, they have not responded. I reported it to the Credit Card company I used to make the purchase. And they filed a dispute claim about it. They told me to deduct the cost of this item off of any monthly payment that I might need to make until it was settled. They in turn did what ever it is they do to give them a chance to respond. Apparently that response never came and I was instructed to send the item back and send proof to Credit Card company that the item had been returned. After all this was completed satisfactorily I received a full credit for the item. It did cost me shipping charges to return it. But I received credit for the item and original shipping charges.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:31 AM   #3

Good!
Now report them to the Better Business Bureau.
JerryForwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:37 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
You will also want to keep close track of that credit card on the statements, as there are some businesses out there that will try to recharge the item disputed. They may also turn you over to a collection agency for something you don't have. Happened to DH on a flooring purchase that was damaged and never offloaded to our possession.
sharbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:44 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You're not the only one that has had problems with this poorly run business, my friend. I encountered similar problems. You can read my lengthy post here. My credit card co. has also reversed the charges and they are waiting on a response from RV Toy Outlet. They have 45 days to respond before the matter is closed and the charges are permanently reversed.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
This Ray seems to be involved often. I dealt with him on one other purchase that I made. We talked at length about the Step I purchased. But then everything went south. How do you get a Body to answer the phone? I sent about 18 or 20 pages of documentation to my Credit Card company. I don't remember how many of those were copies of my phone records with out looking. But it showed how many times I made the call, and the length of time per each call. But the times were short because all it did was refer me to another person who wouldn't answer. But I NEVER WAS ABLE TO TALK TO ANYONE. This all started on August 14th. I finally sent it back as requested by the Credit Card Company. And provided them with a copy that RV accepted the package. Had the credit issued but still NO contact with these losers?

John
Retired & Loving