Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-06-2015, 08:14 AM   #1

Buying a used MH- deodorizer smells

Whenever we have looked at new campers the first warning sign of smoking or pet odors has always been a strong deodorizer smell when you first walk in. Normally that's an instant turn off for us wondering what they are hiding.

I was surprised when I picked my coach up last week after service when I was immediately hit in the nose with that wretched smell of deodorizer. I asked the service writer what the story is and he said its standard after they work inside. I made a note that next time I'll tell them to skip that step for me.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2015, 08:20 AM   #2

buy or rent an ozone generator, close it up for a few days ( do not go in while its running) odors of all kinds will be gone.

Jim
sprayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
Whenever we have looked at new campers the first warning sign of smoking or pet odors has always been a strong deodorizer smell when you first walk in. Normally that's an instant turn off for us wondering what they are hiding.

I was surprised when I picked my coach up last week after service when I was immediately hit in the nose with that wretched smell of deodorizer. I asked the service writer what the story is and he said its standard after they work inside. I made a note that next time I'll tell them to skip that step for me.
That sounds like bull why would they put something in your Rv that you could be allergic to. I could imagine some Rv's could smell real bad they need to spray something but they need to ask first. If they put something in mine they had a bad day.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayman View Post
buy or rent an ozone generator, close it up for a few days ( do not go in while its running) odors of all kinds will be gone.
Jim
X2
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:33 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayman View Post

Jim
Be carefull with the ozone generator cause from what I have read it will also remove any rubber or vinyl gaskets.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post

Probably forgot to tell workers not to smoke in side.
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 08:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bldrbob View Post
Be carefull with the ozone generator cause from what I have read it will also remove any rubber or vinyl gaskets.
Apparently the ozone generated can damage the following materials:
  • carpets, especially synthetic carpets;
  • carpet padding;
  • foam cushions;
  • other plastic furnishings and furniture covers;
  • rubber pads and padding;
  • electrical wire coatings; and
  • fabrics and art containing certain dyes or pigments.
See: Ozone Generator Hazards - InterNACHI
Mel
'96 Safar
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
odor, smell