Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #29

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tagcat View Post
This not looking good.I had a meeting with the general manager,service manager,and parts manager.Bottom line all three did not know what was going on in the other dept.They were going to call yesterday,no call i will wait the rest of today for all call,if no call i will go out there and get general office involved.I want my money back.This was a major issue and i am being ignored.
My problem i have a coach with no air force one.We leave on July 1st for a 9 month trip going to Bath Maine i guess i can get the work done along the way.I wish there was a place i could trust spending this kind of money that was with in 3 hr of Fayetteville Ar. I really hope we have not made a bad choice going full time in an m/h we sold every thing to make this life style change and see our kids.
Thank for all your advice. Tim
Yer barkin' up the wrong tree!

Marcus Lemonis owns both Camping World and RV.net, one of the busiest RVing sites on the web. He maintains a very public "complaint department" forum section there and responses from the Company are lickety-split. He himself monitors and often personally responds right there in the thread. Can you think of any other Company of any size/kind willing to expose themselves in public like that? I can't.

Do yourself a favor and post your complaint over there. I guarantee you'll be hearing from someone near the top! Link to site
Francesca is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-NC View Post
Hi, I have had bad and good experiences at CW. The bad experience was at CW in Woodstock, Ga and I wouldn't recommend that place to my worst enemy. I bought my coach from them and they couldn't even remember to re-install 4 screws in the bed platform and made an electrical splice using wire nuts in mid air without installing a splice box. I will not go into all the problems.

The best CW I have been to is the one in Robertsdale, AL and I highly recommend this place and their service team Under Charles Wilson is great. In fact their entire Service Team is great. They went the extra mile to make me happy and their techs take pride in their work.

I second you on CW Woodstock, Ga. I bought a coach from them. Went back for service once and will never return. They put 75 hours on my generator fixing a TV!
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:28 PM   #31

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
CW

I've had to repair and re-install several things that CW did where they used smaller and cheaper screws. In my opinion they only care about getting you out of there as quickly as possible and don't give a hoot if what they installed makes it a mile down the road. Your experience is not an isolated incident by any means.

This type of work is referred to as 'Hollywood'. It only looks OK on the surface.

I've reinstalled heaters, plumbing, electrical, stabilizer struts, spare tire carriers, hitches and probably more I've forgotten over the years.

I've said it before and I will continue to say it: "I would not trust Camping World to install a roll of toilet paper".

Good Luck,
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:46 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Got the problem resolved.I never got a phone call so i called the general manager and asked if he was going to be in the office and i was heading that way.!5 min on the road i got a call from the service manager saying he and one of the shop tech's would be there in one Hr to reinstall the new part at my home so i would not have to take it in. I do not think they wanted me in there store full of customers,just my guess. I was under the coach while he reinstalled the part this time it is right
We still have some work to be done,install wine guard system,flush radiator ,ets( i think i will install the solar my self while in Maine).
I will not have it done at this location,I called a c/w in North little rock,3 Hr away,but they have electric hook up at there store ( Going in June the 10 th)Keep you posted.I know someone said they had a bad experience there but this time i will be there i will watch what they do .Not many places to get this type of work done,we will be leaving for a very long trip in July so in need this unit in top shape.Time i go back to school and learn as much about my m/h as i can.

Thanks everyone for your help & advice.See you on the road,hopefully not on the side of it! Tim (aka tagcat)
tagcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:29 AM   #33

I think the problem here is that many people have not experienced "other" RV service facilities. IMHO camping world has performed at or above average when comparing them to most other places. In fact I have had two poor-very poor repair jobs done and they were both at the "top of the line" shop for that area. In fact camping world fixed what one of these places couldn't.

The biggest problem that I see with CW's is when the service manager is trying to "please" too many people and they under deliver on quality and delivery times. CW's who take the reasonable approach of booking appointments and then only taking emergencies after those and if they have time seem to run smoother albeit the "emergeny" people seem to have to wait and wait.

The one good thing about CW for full-timers is that they are everywhere and if they do screw up you don't have to "return" to a repair facility hundreds, if not thousands, of miles away.

The bottom line is: no matter who fixes or installs your gizmo go out and inspect the work before you leave. Operate it, test it, look at the install, make sure that the install is up to your standards and nothing is leaking, rubbing, squeaking, bending, creaking, etc.
StevenNSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 08:02 AM   #34

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This past week, I visited the Berkeley MA CW store and asked to speak to the service manager. The woman who helped me asked what I needed. I said I needed an appointment for some warranty work on my Thor Tuscany XE, which I purchased new, but NOT from CW.

She told me flat out it would take at last several months to get in for service. Further, she stated that their own customers get priority but they will (some day, eventually) get around to servicing my coach.

She said the sales department sold 65 motorhomes in April and the entire service department is overwhelmed with deliveries. While business is good on new clients, their service department is muttering nasty things under their breath. She told me the $39 install anything program has also set them back and they don't have enough service techs.

If there is anyone in the MA area who knows where I can get some quality motorhome service and is a Thor authorized service center, I would be thrilled.

In Marlborough, MA there's a freightliner and Cummins authorized service center called 495 Truck Center which I visited yesterday for an inspection sticker. They were courteous and quick, very big shop but very busy.

I may be left with absolutely no options on Thor warranty service but CW's. I can only hope I don't need it!
Old 05-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musikboy View Post
This past week, I visited the Berkeley MA CW store and asked to speak to the service manager. The woman who helped me asked what I needed. I said I needed an appointment for some warranty work on my Thor Tuscany XE, which I purchased new, but NOT from CW.

She told me flat out it would take at last several months to get in for service. Further, she stated that their own customers get priority but they will (some day, eventually) get around to servicing my coach.

She said the sales department sold 65 motorhomes in April and the entire service department is overwhelmed with deliveries. While business is good on new clients, their service department is muttering nasty things under their breath. She told me the $39 install anything program has also set them back and they don't have enough service techs.

If there is anyone in the MA area who knows where I can get some quality motorhome service and is a Thor authorized service center, I would be thrilled.

In Marlborough, MA there's a freightliner and Cummins authorized service center called 495 Truck Center which I visited yesterday for an inspection sticker. They were courteous and quick, very big shop but very busy.

I may be left with absolutely no options on Thor warranty service but CW's. I can only hope I don't need it!
That's why I bought a Tiffin. I have my warranty work done at a local independent RV repair facility. He has no problem doing warranty repairs on a Tiffin product and says a simple phone call to get authorization, fax them the final bill, and a check comes within 7 days.

Call Thor and see if they will do the same.
Old 05-22-2014, 06:49 AM   #36

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
That's why I bought a Tiffin. I have my warranty work done at a local independent RV repair facility. He has no problem doing warranty repairs on a Tiffin product and says a simple phone call to get authorization, fax them the final bill, and a check comes within 7 days.

Call Thor and see if they will do the same.
I need to find competent RV repair shops near me. I have not had any luck with that. I believe that Thor will be cooperative so it's a good idea and a reminder for me to call Thor and see if they know of a good shop somewhere within 50 miles of my house.

Thanks for the reminder!
Mitch
Old 05-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #37

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Research

I suggest that you go to RV Service Reviews or www.yelp.com

I've found 2 RV repair & service businesses in my area that I'm quite happy with that way. And I avoided others based upon the sheer overwhelming volume of bad reviews.

In looking at reviews you kind of have to filter out the ones that seem to be too good to be true as well as the ones that are at the othe end of the spectrum. Maybe more so for the bad reviews. A place with a handful of bad reviews VS dozens of good ones is probably a good one and a place with dozens of bad reviews VS a handful of good ones is probably not.
Muddypaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
I only have parts experience with CW; I do the majority of my repairs. Day 1 I searched the internet sites for an HWH replacement cylinder. Found the best price at General RV online. Phoned HWH and left a message for direct sales pricing. Stopped by CW in Golden, CO and after waiting in line for 15 minutes, they could not give price and delivery--took my contact information and said they would phone. Day 3 I phoned CW and waited on hold for 13 minutes, then again advised what I needed and that "Joe" was to call me back from day 1; was put on hold for another 10 minutes and then was told again they would phone. Phoned HWH and was told "can you hold, click"; after 15 minutes on hold I gave up. Day 5 no return calls from CW from day 3 or HWH from day 1. I went online and purchased from General RV, the part shipped same day, no shipping or sales tax and personal post sales follow up due to a minor problem. Too bad I didn't order day 1 because I could have been installing today. Bottom line, CW Golden, CO has been good for small floor stocked items, but are expensive for that convenience. BTW, I have heard customers complaining to the service writer every time at CW...
FiveJs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping