Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2016, 08:48 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Camping World Faucet Install Goes Wrong!

Friends of mine took their Class C to Camping World to get some work done last week. One of the things they had done was to replace the two handled kitchen faucet. When they picked up their MH they notice the valves to turn on the faucet were backwards. When they pointed it out to the service person, they said that is the new way to install faucets now.

Does your new MH have faucets that turn the wrong way?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2016, 09:09 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
No no no. On any faucet left is hot right is cold single or dual handle . Shower the same.

LEN

Old 07-31-2016, 09:17 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
CW strikes again .

Even a village idiot knows hot water left, cold water right and poop doesn't flow up hill.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:17 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLYLEN View Post
No no no. On any faucet left is hot right is cold single or dual handle . Shower the same.

LEN
I guess I wasn't clear. On two valve faucets you turn the hot which is on the left counter clockwise to turn on and the cold on the right turns clockwise to turn on. When they installed the faucet they installed the whole unit backwards. Maybe they hooked up the hot and cold backwards too. Will have to ask them.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:20 AM   #5

Take a look underneath. Most lines are color coded red=hot, blue =cold

Steve
Old 07-31-2016, 09:28 AM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The handles hit the backsplash when you turn on the water. The C is on the left and H on the right. Having them check to see if hot water is actually hooked up wrong too.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:41 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks like the new way isn't the right way. :(

They should have talked to & showed the Service manager the problem. Not just the service person before they left the place.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:44 AM   #8

Idiots, that about all I can say about them. I'd head back and demand it be fixed and if they don't tell them your going to call your CC company and have them do a charge back till they do. I supple to it will get fixed.

That said if it a major manufacture the handle rotation can sometimes be changed without removal so all you'll need to do is swap the hot and cold lines at the connection point.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:53 AM   #9

I think what he means is the whole unit was installed backwards. It needs to be remove and turned around 180 degrees. The faucet neck probably rotates all the way around, so that's how they got it backwards.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:55 AM   #10

No!

You Do NOT HINT But Go BACK AND INSIDE THE Correct It RIGHT NOW!

No wait until next week but now.

Regardless of any excuses or possible claim of "new standard" you paid for replacement NOT change so make them correct it.

Since it is a plumbing device and an rv can qualify as second home then ask if they are licensed to do plumbing work....

We do not trust these folks.

Had new washer dryer installed free from Lowes...color coded hoses and all and they got hot and cold reversed and that messed up a few things.

We fixed it but did follow up with store manager and advised it e old be in their best interest to hire folks who could read instruction manuals and determine colors.

No more comments ....
Old 07-31-2016, 10:11 AM   #11

Some of the confusion here.

Faucets with round knobs usually turn the same direction, clockwise to shut water flow off.

Faucets with handles, hot rotates cw and cold rotates ccw to shut off.

And no, it doesn't surprise me at all. I see this all the time in the bathrooms of new businesses and restaurants we visit.
Old 07-31-2016, 10:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Some of the confusion here.

Faucets with round knobs usually turn the same direction, clockwise to shut water flow off.

Faucets with handles, hot rotates cw and cold rotates ccw to shut off.

And no, it doesn't surprise me at all. I see this all the time in the bathrooms of new businesses and restaurants we visit.
Heh, I once had a hotel room that had the toilet hooked up to the hot water line. As typical, it also leaked through the flapper valve and was always refilling the tank. Thus the bowl would have hot water in it. Made for a sweaty butt when sitting down...
Old 07-31-2016, 10:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4Gary View Post
I think what he means is the whole unit was installed backwards. It needs to be remove and turned around 180 degrees. The faucet neck probably rotates all the way around, so that's how they got it backwards.
I understand that however most, not all, are designed such that you can flip a little plate under the handles and that will set correct the rotation. This was done so even if the valves are reversed you don't have to remove them to fix the problem. Lastly you just have to swap the hoses.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:37 PM   #14

Some things people have done are much simpler to do yourself, rather than let someone else do it and then spend all your time going back/forth or writing up the mistakes others make. No excuse for shoddy work, I agree, but if you kind of know that going into it then whose fault is that. I would just fix it myself rather than chance something worse happening. Putting in a faucet or hooking up a washer/dryer is not rocket science work, and either one takes less than an hour to do yourself. The best part is you learn how to do it if it ever should fail or become a problem.

Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, install