Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2013, 03:40 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorgan6375 View Post
To the poor guy/gals that think they got the shaft on there 5k warranty, all you need to do is contact the CW Gen Mgr and complain, at the very least, start with him/her and work your way up, don't give up, trust me, the more you complain it will get someone attention!
PS; Also try doing this in the Store/Dealership in person, make sure you talk load enough around possible new rv owners to be! Works for me everytime!
Good suggestions. We actually emailed Good Sam Ext. Warranty with a complaint. Their review board person actually contacted us. We filed an appeal and the met on it last Wed. and could not come up with a decision! It has been sent to their VP for review on Friday. We have not heard back yet. Meanwhile, we have an attorney working on it.

Going back in person to the dealership is not feasible for us, beings we live in the Metro Wash., DC area and the dealership is in Chicago. We were not treated well as buyers (we should have taken the hint), so I'm sure as past buyers, it wouldn't be any better.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2013, 03:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
Be curious to know if you two bought different levels of coverage.
We bought the ext. warranty on a used unit, that covered both chasis and coach for about $5,000 with $100 deductible. It's "supposed" to cover anything on the unit that was working (such as applicances) at time of purchase and anything mechanical, excluding maintenance items.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
There are two types of warranties:
1) Inclusionary. These list the things that are covered.
2) Exclusionary. These list the things that are not covered.

Typically you want #2, as it's easy to decline things with an inclusionary warranty...

What they tell you it "should" cover does not matter. Warranties are high profit and high commission items. The result is that sales people are going to push them and tell you what you want to hear.

Those of you that are being declined coverage, can you provide the specifics?
Old 07-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
There are two types of warranties:
1) Inclusionary. These list the things that are covered.
2) Exclusionary. These list the things that are not covered.

Typically you want #2, as it's easy to decline things with an inclusionary warranty...

What they tell you it "should" cover does not matter. Warranties are high profit and high commission items. The result is that sales people are going to push them and tell you what you want to hear.

Those of you that are being declined coverage, can you provide the specifics?
We have $100 deductible policy that lists everything that is covered. "Diesel/electric heating system" is covered. Our hydrohot stopped working, no heat and no hot water. Called aquahot & was informed it cannot be repaired because there was a crack in the tank. It had to be replaced. Got an authorized service rep referral from them. Went to the service rep, he said it had to be replaced, called out the warranty adjuster, he agreed it had to be replaced, it "went to a higher authority" they said they would only pay $500 because it could be repaired as they were told by aquahot & they claimed we did not go to an authorized service agent. I appealed it, their review board could not make a decision last Wed., so they sent it to the VP for review on Fri. We have not heard anything as of yet.

I would not buy another thing from Camping World OR Good Sam!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:05 AM   #19

bhamilton53, Yep, pretty much what happened to us. Without going through the long story, and being with them for 3yrs. we were treated pretty badly by GS. So we cancelled our policy and went with another co. Whether we'll have problems with them, only time will tell.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
bhamilton53, Yep, pretty much what happened to us. Without going through the long story, and being with them for 3yrs. we were treated pretty badly by GS. So we cancelled our policy and went with another co. Whether we'll have problems with them, only time will tell.
We are currently trying to work with them, but if we are not satisfied, have already talked to an attorney who says we have a good case. ONE THING IS FOR SURE, I will NEVER purchase from them again!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #21

Can someone tell me who th best after market insurance company is??? We are on the verge of buying our first unit and would like to purchase one for sure!
Old 07-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #22

Which one is best? I think there all a crap shoot. You might want to check into wholesale warranties. That's who we went with after cancelling GS. BUT and it's a big BUT, Only time will tell if they're any different than the others.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmknight05 View Post
Can someone tell me who th best after market insurance company is??? We are on the verge of buying our first unit and would like to purchase one for sure!
Try Protective Asset Protection. I have been very satisfied with their warranty and no issues on approving required repairs and replacement if needed. Here is a link to their RV warranty services.

RV
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #24

No link appeared. Could you email to me the web site?
Old 07-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmknight05 View Post
No link appeared. Could you email to me the web site?
Try this

RV
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #26

Thank you got it and am looking at it now! Any others out there that would stand next to your insurance policy in case of a catastrophic failure?
Old 07-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamilton53 View Post
We are currently trying to work with them, but if we are not satisfied, have already talked to an attorney who says we have a good case. ONE THING IS FOR SURE, I will NEVER purchase from them again!
Just received word from Good Sam. They said that camping world and their adjusters are authorities in these types of repairs and that aquahot will always tell you they need to replace the unit instead of repair the unit. So camping world is NOT an authorized aquahot dealer, they said it would take 20 hr. min. to fix plus they didn't know what the welder would charge & if it would even work and they would not guarantee it because they felt it should be replaced. It was the adjuster who wanted to try to have the tank fixed. So Good Sam is standing by their adjuster. They said they are a "ext. service" contract, not a warranty contract. They only allowed 12 hr. labor and $500 for the unit. It cost us $8,000 for the unit and 20 hr. labor, and that was to take the unit out & replace it, it would have taken longer to do a repair!

SO BEWARE BEFORE YOU BUY!!!!!!! I wouldn't spend another dime with Good Sam OR Camping World!