Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Camping World RV Protection Plans

Just a word of advice. If you are planning to purchase an RV from CW I suggest that you do not purchase any of their warranty plans. We spent over $5000.00 on their plans and no matter what problem you run into they have a reason not to cover it under the plan.

Dennis

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #2

Dennis what plans were they and do you have any recommendations as to who has realizable RV insurance for us newbie's

Old 05-28-2013, 01:52 PM   #3

I would watch multiple post not allowed
Old 05-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Can we have some details? Inclusionary warranties are designed for denials... Which reminds me of a Ford extended warranty we had on an F-150. We had a chassis part (cross member) that got lose. Ford denied the coverage on "lose" indicating if I had let it fall off, it would have been covered.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've got a CW care service plan on my coach & so far I've gotten 110% back on what I paid for it. They have exclusions & limitations like any service contract and yes it has annoyed the ^%$# out of me at times. Biggest surprise was they only pay value for a replacement item based on the original cost. Am I glad I bought it? Yep.... repair shops also say they're one of the easier service plans to deal with from their end...
txdutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Dennis, I had the same problem. Purchased a 4 year extended warranty cost 8K and the first time trying to use it after only owning the coach for 3 months, I get the, that isnt covered under your warrantee because it was a pre-existing problem. I say to the salesman, so it was existing when it was sold to me so your going to fix it right? Salesman says you should have found it before you bought it. Nice!!!
08 Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08 Beaver View Post
Dennis, I had the same problem. Purchased a 4 year extended warranty cost 8K and the first time trying to use it after only owning the coach for 3 months, I get the, that isnt covered under your warrantee because it was a pre-existing problem. I say to the salesman, so it was existing when it was sold to me so your going to fix it right? Salesman says you should have found it before you bought it. Nice!!!
Sounds like a case for the Good Sam (whatever they call it) group that intervenes with suppliers on behalf of GS members when they are overcharged. Ask Marcus if he can help!!!
In my years in the retail business, extended warranty was the biggest money maker for the company and the biggest rip-off to the consumer. IMHOP, you are better off putting your 8K in a savings account and add a few bucks each month and call yourself Self Insured.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:16 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Inclusionary warranties.. They're never any good.
Can you give us specific examples?
Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #9

We bought our coach, and the GS extended service plan 1 month ago. Yesterday we had occasion to use the service plan. Today DW received a phone call from Camping World, our coach was done, at no cost to us.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
We bought our coach, and the GS extended service plan 1 month ago. Yesterday we had occasion to use the service plan. Today DW received a phone call from Camping World, our coach was done, at no cost to us.
I would have to ask if you work for GS. We just had our coach in for replacing our aquahot unit, after having to pay for the diagnostic twice! The unit cost $8,000 of which they paid $500!!!!!!! I would advice EVERYONE of steering clear from GS. We are in the process of "appealing" it and I will be happy to let you now how that turns out.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamilton53 View Post
I would have to ask if you work for GS. We just had our coach in for replacing our aquahot unit, after having to pay for the diagnostic twice! The unit cost $8,000 of which they paid $500!!!!!!! I would advice EVERYONE of steering clear from GS. We are in the process of "appealing" it and I will be happy to let you now how that turns out.
Be curious to know if you two bought different levels of coverage.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #12

jesilvas,
We bought the plan offered at time of purchase; $50 (yes fifty dollars) deductible platinum policy with add-on for seals and gaskets, 3 year plan for $4,000. It is not available after purchase according to the finance manager at CW. Included in the deal was 1 year of Medical assistance, 1 additional year of roadside assistance, and free upgrade to elite GS membership.
We both thought this advisable since the coach had sat parked in a garage for 4 years unused.
Was it a good investment? For us and our situation YES!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 PM   #13
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Interesting. We got a CW/GS extended warranty on our previous coach. Cost about $4,000 for 5 years if I remember correctly. The salesman told us if we sold the coach before 5 years we could get a prorated refund. At the time it was a kind of "Yeah, whatever" thing. We sold the coach after 2 years and just for grins I wrote to Camping World. 2 weeks later a check for almost $2,000 arrived in the mail. So, at least one part of their warranty works as advertised.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #14

To the poor guy/gals that think they got the shaft on there 5k warranty, all you need to do is contact the CW Gen Mgr and complain, at the very least, start with him/her and work your way up, don't give up, trust me, the more you complain it will get someone attention!
PS; Also try doing this in the Store/Dealership in person, make sure you talk load enough around possible new rv owners to be! Works for me everytime!

04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Unionville, Tn.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote