Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by alcouch33 View Post
I have purchased 2 motor homes through CW. Both times great! I wanted to fly up to Forest City and pick up my new Via and drive back to GA. CW gave me the best on my trade and purchase. Beat Lichtsinn RV by thousands! Helped arrange everything with Winnebago.
Are you saying you were able to get "factory delivery" at WBGO? I didn't think they would do that. How was the PDI and owner orientation handled? Inquiring minds want to know.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2013, 06:21 AM   #16

Ford Super Duty Owner
edgray, & alcouch33,
I love it!!!. We tried to order our Winnebago through our local CW and they couldn't beat Lichtsinn Motors on their offer. We to saved thousands but by going through L Motors in Forest City and not the local CW. We got under 30% off of MSRP. We drove our TT up their took the factory tour and bought from LM. No you can not take delivery from the factory but as L Motors advertise they are only 1-mile from the factory.

As it turned out we were ordering during the May change over for the 2014 models and nobody knew exactly what the interior colors and decor were going to look like so the only way to know was to take the factory tour then we ordered from L Motors. We took delivery on July 29th.

TeJay

Old 11-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #17

I just had my first experience with Lichstinn RV Sales because I wanted to pick up my 2014 Via 25Q in Forest City, Iowa and drive it back home to Gainesville, GA which is over a 1000 miles thus breaking my coach in correctly. My salesman was Reed. I got the feeling he was always confusing me with another customer and he was unable to answer my questions about the optional diesel generator. I decided to try my local Camping World and my salesman Jonathan in Oakwood, GA was great!! I saved several thousand dollars because unlike Lichstinn, Camping World discounted MSRP plus gave me a better trade on my 2008 Voyage!
Now instead of having to drive my trade in coach 1000 miles to Lichstinn, I can drop it off at Camping World, fly up to Forest City and "properly" break in my new Mercedes Turbo Diesel without having some kid driving it 85mph and towing his dingy back to Georgia!
Old 11-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #18

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I just had my first experience with Lichstinn RV Sales because I wanted to pick up my 2014 Via 25Q in Forest City, Iowa and drive it back home to Gainesville, GA which is over a 1000 miles thus breaking my coach in correctly. My salesman was Reed. I got the feeling he was always confusing me with another customer and he was unable to answer my questions about the optional diesel generator. I decided to try my local Camping World and my salesman Jonathan in Oakwood, GA was great!! I saved several thousand dollars because unlike Lichstinn, Camping World discounted MSRP plus gave me a better trade on my 2008 Voyage!
Now instead of having to drive my trade in coach 1000 miles to Lichstinn, I can drop it off at Camping World, fly up to Forest City and "properly" break in my new Mercedes Turbo Diesel without having some kid driving it 85mph and towing his dingy back to Georgia!
CONGRATS on your new coach. Glad you worked a deal to your liking.

TWO questions:

1. are you saying Lichstinn would not take anything less than full MSRP???

2. WHERE are you taking delivery, before driving back home?
THANKS, Ed
Old 11-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #19

Quote:
I just had my first experience with Lichstinn RV Sales because I wanted to pick up my 2014 Via 25Q in Forest City, Iowa and drive it back home to Gainesville, GA which is over a 1000 miles thus breaking my coach in correctly. My salesman was Reed. I got the feeling he was always confusing me with another customer and he was unable to answer my questions about the optional diesel generator. I decided to try my local Camping World and my salesman Jonathan in Oakwood, GA was great!! I saved several thousand dollars because unlike Lichstinn, Camping World discounted MSRP plus gave me a better trade on my 2008 Voyage! Now instead of having to drive my trade in coach 1000 miles to Lichstinn, I can drop it off at Camping World, fly up to Forest City and "properly" break in my new Mercedes Turbo Diesel without having some kid driving it 85mph and towing his dingy back to Georgia!
Good luck with oakwoods service department.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #20

We think we made a good deal when we bought our MH from Camping World of Indianapolis. The salesman was very knowledgeable and explained how everything worked as we inspected the coach.
Their service department does good work, the problem is service department management. Apparently that location is in dire need of a service department management team that knows what "customer service" means or, they are incompetent. This location was/is Stouts RV sales dba Camping world, with most of the same personnel.
Made an appointment for July 16, dropped off coach on July 15. Service writer stated 2 weeks for the repairs. I phoned at two weeks to hear "they're working on it". phoned at 3 weeks to hear "they're working on it". Was even told 'that's what happens when you don't have an appointment". Next day phoned Jeff Nickell, general manager. After bringing him up to speed on happenings, he connected me with the new coach prep manager, who told me "they just pulled it in yesterday to begin repairs".

When/if that CW ever gets the repairs finished, I doubt they will ever see our coach again.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:16 AM   #21

Ford Super Duty Owner
It's really to bad that you did not have a good experience at the IN CW. There is really no excuse for bad service. As earlier stated, word of mouth can make you or break you.

We did travel 600 miles ( twice both ways ) to complete our deal at LM in Iowa and while the experience was not without some issues they are selling and we were buying. We were never told that the coach did not come with a spare tire until the tech during the PDI mentioned it. I was a little ticked at that. I think the sales person should have mentioned it and perhaps offered us a complete spare for their cost. I would have bought it. WBGO later said that some units are not provided a spare because is saves some weight. We got a good deal and the trade in price was very good. I guess one deal makes them more $$$$$ then the next and they do have to keep the doors open.

I have never been involved in sales. That's just not my cup of tea. Maybe I'm just to honest I don't know. In these times with all the technology at the buyers finger tips there should really be no secrets. They can't hid things as easily as was done years ago. I still don't want anything to do with sales.

TeJay
Old 11-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
We recently bought a used type c mh and CW had the resources to accept two TTs on trade in and pickup a remote TT from sc which would have taken us a long time and effort and money to complete on our own. I wasn't too happy with sale price on our mh but was given good trade in vales on our two TTs and they included pickup of a stored TT as part of deal. They really took care of sale and logistics smoothly. We also bought a tow system and misc items along with the purchase and the purchase of stock items went smoothly . Our main issues was with quality of some service items and cost, and electronics technical inability. This is probably pretty typical ,I have worked with at least three different RV sales and service companies, and had pros and cons to each.i always wish in retrospect that I had taken more time but we wanted to sell two TTs ,trade them in with good values, and have a TT picked up in SC and buy a used Class C. CW was the only RV place that would do all these things plus make some modifications we wanted. I depending on expertise of the particular CW service folks will determine if they are strong in elect., tow systems, suspension,general coach mods, etc. I know in our case,our CW is week when it comes to electronic mods and interfaces and won't ever ask them to do any elect. Work on mh or toad.
New to MH RVing,had TTs/HTT/PUPs/Tents, retired 2013,now have more time for church ministries,fam,friends, camping, we have 2007 WB Access 29T with 6.0L Chevy,25K miles,31' 2013 CRV AWD Toad/Falcon2/BrBuddy
rvtime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:50 PM   #23

My last purchase from CW involved the trade-in of a TT not very common down here in the South, but highly sought after in several other parts of the country (to the extent that used units older than ours were selling for more than what we paid new). Although the new unit's price was reasonable, we were definitely "low-balled" on trade-in value. Reminded me a lot of the archetypical used car dealership behavior..

We finally got up (really) and started to walk out before the Sales Manager decided we were serious (or not stupid), invited us to stay (we had already been there for an hour trying to make a "deal"), made some out of state phone calls, and finally met our reasonable (really) price requirements.

After that, everything else went smoothly, although they did not call to confirm the financing until several days after it had been approved (we were not worried about approval, it's just that this was another illustration of the way not to do business).

Our first (and fortunately last) service visit to handle several trim/fit/replacement items (all non-appliance, non-electrical in nature) took much too long after the repair parts arrived (no kudos to the manufacturer on this either).

CW has a wide range of different brands available. Their sales personnel are generally friendly and generally knowledgeable. "Clean deal" (no trade-in) prices are generally lower than many other places, but they also offer many minimally optioned units and "captive" brand name models (ever see a new Thor Freedom Elite any place other than CW?).

My take on all this? We're presently "shopping" for a MH. We sold our TT ourselves for a reasonable (NADA-based) amount. We are considering buying a "real" Thor unit from a small local dealer that has many more options on it that any CW based Freedom Elite unit for a minumum amount above the lowest CW price on the "same" model and considerably less than many other CW advertised units (not MSRP but selling price).

I like CW for accessories and to view new on the market units. I'm sure not everyone shared the experiences with CW that I related above. I should also mention that we liked the TT we have just sold very much--just not the hitching and unhitching.

You pays your money--you takes your chances.

Best Woshes--Carl
Atlanta, GA
Old 11-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #24

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Here is my take on CW which is probably not worth much but,I bought my 2011 Damon Daybreak from CW in Woodstock,Ga.I think we got a pretty good deal because we traded in a 21ft v nose trailer and a 2003 Harley Trike and there was no other dealer that wanted to do that and a week after the deal they sold the trike for a 2000.00 profit.The only trouble we had was we did our first trip and did a to-do list for the dealer and it took them 6wks and they kept the MH the whole time and the job didn't take but a day or two.I have problems now with my Transfer switch,microwave,steps,and tv but,I got a RV service tech close by do the work because I didn't want them to keep it the whole winter and even when I called to make the appointment I was going to have to wait 2 weeks before they would even look at it but, they do good work when they do get to it.Good Luck and many Safe and Happy Miles and Smiles.
papaw.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:56 PM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
We bought our current rig at CW in Katy, TX, in 02/2012. The dealer in Forest City could not come anywhere near the trade-in price we got for our previous motorhome (they just simply seemed disinterested).

I'd go back to CW . . . that's a pretty good indication of my satisfaction.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #26

Ford Super Duty Owner
My brother lives in the Houston area. We were shopping for our current coach at that time and there were two issues. First was that the 2013 units were few and far between. Secondly WBGO was in the middle of their model change over and even if you found a unit that you wanted to order the interior and exterior colors and decor for 2014 could not be seen. Even the brochure showing the new choices did not come out until the middle of May.

I try to visit my brother twice a year, once in April and then again in October. These are the times of the year when the West Houston Squadron of the CAF has air shows. The DW and I had settled on a Vista 30T MH but had not seen a model either in the WBGO or Itasca line. Since I was in the Houston area my brother and I visited several RV dealers, Bob Hoover and the CW dealer in Katy. I told both dealers that I was just looking and would probably not purchase from them but wanted to view units of the model we had decided to order. Both dealers were very nice and showed us the Itasca Suncruiser (identical to the WBGO Vista unit). As it turned out we ordered from LM Motors in Forest City, Iowa but prior to going up their and doing the factory tour my visit to TX was the first time either one of us actually saw the floor plan of the unit we ended up ordering. My DW took my word on it since she was not with me in TX.

When we ordered our first TT we bought it sight unseen because nobody had a unit where we lived or even close enough to justify a drive. As it turned out the floor plan that we ordered had a kitchen slide but it only extended out 19". Seeing the slide in a brochure and in person were way different. Our next TT had a kitchen slide that moved out 38". That's a huge difference and something that is very obvious when you see it in person. We didn't want to make that mistake again with the MH.

TeJay
Old 11-14-2013, 07:36 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
We have been using the CW in Greenwood In for some simple repairs like a new thermostat,repairing a bent jack,installing a wingman,etc,They got it all done and only took 2 trips and 7 weeks. LOL
I think they are just too busy to give good service in a timely fashion.But I'm not sure.
Management is really lacking at this facility.I've never met the General Manager but if there is one he has got to be loafing on the job!

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #28

We stopped by CW in Jacksonville FL yesterday. I had a winterizing question. I was very impressed with this location and the 3 employees i spoke with. they put me with a service guy named christopher. he was awesome. shop was very clean. when we are ready to purchase a new coach, we will definitely give this location a shot at our busihess!!
FYI, been to CWs in Pooler (savannah) GA, myrtle beach(south location) statesville NC, Spartanburg SC and Kissimmee FL. Jacksonville FL is hands down the best of these!

Tags
camping, sale