Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 11-15-2013, 01:06 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks dmorgan. I chose running dealerships as my career for the last 27 years, both automobile and RV dealers. I guess my employees and I are either really good at running five separate profit centers under one roof or we are reeeallly good liars. Funny how we are labeled liars and cheats. What do you do for a living? People are happy to pay 300% markup for clothing, Jewelry and furniture but for some reason a dealer making zero to 10% profit are liars. Please don't judge 100% of us by the actions of 1%

2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2013, 01:22 AM   #30

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
papaw, when a dealer is backed up two weeks for service, I would bet they do good work. There's a reason people are willing to wait. Trust me that dealer would love to increase there turn rate in service but short of adding more techs and more bays which may or may not be possible, they are happy to have the appointments. Its a catch 22.

2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 02:34 AM   #31
CW service in MB, don't do it.

Horrible experience at CW on 544 in Myrtle Beach. It was an insurance job. For $6000, I got service that was incomplete, wrong parts, and very poor quality workmanship. I wouldn't let them grease the pedal on a tricycle. Not to mention all the miles I racked up going to pick it up only to find they didn't fix it right and I had to leave it again. They had my camper for two months.
2004 Country Coach Intrigue Ovation 525
2007 Chevy Silverado 4x4 toad
bluegrassrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:15 AM   #32
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'm just going to offer this information as a reference to perhaps gain some perspective on this situation.

Finding a quality place that has decent technicians is always a challenge as discussed many, many times here on these threads. I have a friend who is the local CW GM. He seems to have his head screwed on straight and is trying to fix what was broken at this new CW when he took over last year. One major area was the lack of quality service. Last month we had a long discussion regarding service and he told me this. I didn't verify these facts but I don't know why he would lie to me. There are approximately 2,400 certified RV technicians in the country and CW employs 1,800 of them. His techs are constantly going to school to receive their certifications.

That said, having a certified technician does not guarantee that you will always get quality service but it is a very good start. Having taught automotive service and repair from 1971 until 2006 I went through the biggest technical shake-up in the history of the automotive repair industry starting in late 1978-79 with the introduction of the first computer controlled carburetors and electronic ignition systems. It has been nothing short of a technical marvel at what has been achieved. I attended some sort of technical training every summer for about 30 years so I could stay current with all of the changes. To include all the changes I never taught my classes the same two years in a row.

To compare the technical wonders of today's vehicles there is probably 10 X's the computing power in your car than you would find in an F-16 fighter.

The RV's of today are very technically involved. They are also rolling homes so not only do we have engines but there's all of the rest of the stuff that comes with a home. Finding quality technicians with good problem solving techniques can be a very, very big challenge. As consumers we have to seek and find those places that work at getting, training and keeping good technicians. When you find those places let others know as many of you have already done.

TeJay (Tim) Auto Instructor 35 yrs (4-yrs USAF) Liz: RN/ WBGO 2014 Vista 30T/ F-53/ CHF/5-Star/Koni/Centramatics * Bella- Golden/Cocker mix & Louie-The cat / All Retired
TeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #33

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
It's really to bad that you did not have a good experience at the IN CW. There is really no excuse for bad service. As earlier stated, word of mouth can make you or break you.

We did travel 600 miles ( twice both ways ) to complete our deal at LM in Iowa and while the experience was not without some issues they are selling and we were buying. We were never told that the coach did not come with a spare tire until the tech during the PDI mentioned it. I was a little ticked at that. I think the sales person should have mentioned it and perhaps offered us a complete spare for their cost. I would have bought it. WBGO later said that some units are not provided a spare because is saves some weight. We got a good deal and the trade in price was very good. I guess one deal makes them more $$$$$ then the next and they do have to keep the doors open.

I have never been involved in sales. That's just not my cup of tea. Maybe I'm just to honest I don't know. In these times with all the technology at the buyers finger tips there should really be no secrets. They can't hid things as easily as was done years ago. I still don't want anything to do with sales.

WOW No spare tire,to save on weight? what about the folks that have a flat and didn't know they had no spare till then. I would prefer having a spare and then 1 less suitcase.

1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote

camping, sale