Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 02-24-2015, 05:27 AM   #15
We bought our first class A, a 2003 Itasca Sunstar, from CW of Birmingham (Calera, AL). Sold as-is. Was told it had a new motor as the previous one had blown. 80 miles later, we were parked on the interstate with another blown engine.
CW agreed to fix it as we were within 30 days of purchase. A month later, no sign of repair, we agreed to upgrade to our current coach. This time, we insisted on a 90-day warranty.
Getting our punch-list of items fixed within the 90 days took multiple visits and much foot-stamping and several harsh words.
Our salesman was great but service was appalling.
We're moving to Gulf Breeze, FL next week (spitting distance from CW). May see if their service is any better

Chris, Jo & Dell (Siberian Husky - 110lb of fur and muscle)
2003 Beaver Santiam 40DST - Cummins 330ISC
Closely followed by a 2012 Equinox AWD
chawkins99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2015, 06:34 AM   #16
Hind sight is always 20/20, right? If I had to do over, more then likely I would NOT have bought mine through CW. Over all, it wasn't to bad of a deal, Salesman Was a Joke, F Mgr. was Super and got one hell of a warranty too. To each is his own!

Doug & Darlene Morgan RVM96 & Abby Gabby(pooch)
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination"Hickory,NC
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:48 AM   #17
Thanks everyone for your input. I'm in So Cal and have several CW's within a few hours and Vegas (that one is a plus :-) ) Did not want to make the drive if they were a "no Haggle" dealer. Sounds like there is some wiggle room in their pricing.
Cable McMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 06:12 AM   #18
Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Plenty of wiggle room, and mark up in a new motorhome
Charlie & Diane Amato
2014 Thor Tuscany 40XE XTE DP
Ferndale, Arkansas
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #19

Forest River Owners Club
Anyone have any dealings with the CW in Statesville, NC? I just purchased an 03 Airstream LY (not from them) and I want to take it in and completely serviced so I have a baseline for future service.
Rob & Rosanne
2017 Dynamax Isata 5 36DS
Rrzasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:05 AM   #20
My purchase from CW was good and that was it even the sales manager told me in no certain words service is lacking.
2007 Fleetwood Revolution LE 40V
Tha_Rooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:52 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with your search.
John & Cathy R.
06 Pace Arrow 38L W24
08 Lincoln MKX AWD
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #22
Monaco Owners Club
Originally Posted by camato5 View Post
I dealt with CW in Little Rock Arkansas and had a terrible experience on service. Could not get in the service dept even though I bought a brand new MH from them. Since then they have been very apologetic but I still have not returned.. Sales man was great though.
I love you long time.
scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:38 PM   #23
Thor Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Two family members purchased from CW in Akron Ohio in the past. Got their deal done, but post purchase service was the pits. Now this was over 5 years ago, so who knows.

I had to get some service done on my RV (trailer) at CW back in Sept. Had to wait 6 weeks to get a appointment. The only beef you can say I had was. Keystone was willing to cover 3 of the 6 hours of labor saying it was not a "build" issue, but the service tech at CW who worked on it said it was a 100% "build / design" issue. They wouldn't go to bat for me because I'm guessing the 3 hours of labor I paid for was more than what Keystone's part of the labor CW received.
Jim, Diane & Robert ~ NE. OH.
2013 Aerolite Hybrid #232 ES
2014 Toyota Tundra Limited 5.7L
IRV2 Photo Album ~Let's Go Places~
Superslif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:46 PM   #24
Bought a used class A from the Campersworld in Nashville. The day after deliver we took it on a trip to NY where we quickly found out the EGR cooler was leaking coolant into the engine. Due to my work schedule I just recently got it to the shop (the one recommended by camping world) and they are telling me I need a whole new engine because of bad pistons/rings causing a lot of blow back. There has been no solution on who's paying for repairs, so I will hold off on judgement. If they take care of it I will have nothing but good things to say. I should know here shortly what the outcome is.

2009 Damon Avanti
Workhorse with Maxxforce 7
Gdgb23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:17 AM   #25
Monaco Owners Club
We purchased our Monaco in a trade at Camping World in Madison. Has been an excellent experience from everyone involved.

2003 Monaco Camelot (New to us Dec 2014)
BennieH is offline   Reply With Quote

camping, sale