Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2015, 11:45 AM   #1

Camping world RV sales

Has anyone dealt w/ CW rv sales? How was your experienced, vehicle condition do they deal on price?
Cable McMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2015, 11:58 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
I think your question has more to do with the specific CW and sales person.

I purchase my MH at CW in Akron, Ohio and while I think I did "average" (ie not a super deal, but I wanted to purchase close to home for warranty work), I didn't care for our salesman at all.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
I dealt with CW in Little Rock Arkansas and had a terrible experience on service. Could not get in the service dept even though I bought a brand new MH from them. Since then they have been very apologetic but I still have not returned.. Sales man was great though.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:33 PM   #4

I purchased my MH from Camping World in Pooler, Georgia and did not have any problems with the sale. I received a real nice clean unit with only a couple of minor issues that I hadn't noticed during the walk through. The sales associates and manager were real polite and helpful. I have visited the Camping World in Little Rock, Arkansas on 2 occasions and I can understand why it would be hard to get service there. This place must be a popular stop because it was packed with customers with rigs parked almost to the street. One time I had to double park just to go inside.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:50 PM   #5
WDW

On our initial efforts to join the RVing world was at CW Buffalo...they were really great at getting us focused on our needs and wants. In the end Buffalo RV came through on product and price. We're very happy with them but felt bad about not being able to put together a deal at CW. Too much Thor focus at that CW location. The product did not match up with what we got with a Jayco.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:07 PM   #6

Bought one from Camping World in Bath NY with no problem and a good walk through. Bought replacement at Camping World Rochester, NY salesman seemed good but paper work got messed up several times and the walk through tech was not as good as Bath.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:12 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
We purchased our Winnebago from CW in Cocoa, FL. Sale was great experience...but now that this CW has become so popular, the service has taken a nose dive!
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
I suggest you call a few CWs in your area and try to make an appointment for service work. Tell some that you did buy from them and some you didn't. See if you could get in if you had trouble with your unit on the road.
aa9zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:35 PM   #9

Sold me a rotten Holiday Rambler in north Ga. they had it quite a while. Should have found what we found
Alrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:23 PM   #10

We bought from CW. The salesman was great,knew his stuff about Winnebagos, guess he should since CW is a Winnebago dealership. We negotiated to our satisfaction with the salesman.
The service dept. is overwhelmed constantly. The service manager said he could hire more RV technicians, but all his service bays are always full, and in warm weather have another RV outside the door for the same tech to work on when he is awaiting parts for the inside RV.
That looked to be genuine, but it was no help for my frustrations of not getting my MH back for an upcoming trip.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:33 PM   #11

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
It depends on the CW. I have CW Kingston NY 15 minutes from my house which I do use for service but bought our Winnie from CW in Rochester NY which is 6 hours away. Why? Because they basically paid me a $1000 an hour (roundtrip!!) to drive there for the exact same RV and I mean the exact same one because both CW's had to get the rig I wanted from a CW in Tenn. So even for the same units different CW's will have different prices. So don't be afraid to shop around. We didn't mind the drive because it gave us one last trip with our old MH and a great shake down trip with the new one!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
HerbZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:45 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
papaw.1

Yes I bought from CW in Woodstock,Ga.I have had it back for repairs on warranty work which they had it for 6wks.They had to replace the inside wall for a screw that had torn a hole in the wall.Now looking back I wish we had looked around more but I guess you live and learn.The time when I had trouble with my converter they said it would be 2wks.before they could even look at it so I called the people I had the warranty with and got their approval to have the rv repair shop close to my home to do the repair and the person that did the work did it in my driveway.Good Luck.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:28 AM   #13

Bought our Itasca Navion IQ 24G from CW in Troutdale, Oregon. 2013 with 4,000 miles. Very easy purchase from knowledgable salesman and got a good price for my Honda Ridgeline trade. Not had a thing go wrong in six trips so no experience yet with service.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:01 AM   #14

Purchased a new Class C at CW Chicago in Wauconda Illinois, Great Price, Great Service, Sales Staff was Awesome!
They also provided me speedy resolve to a few warranty issues I had!
Lovin2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping, sale