Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2015, 04:16 PM   #1

Camping World Service - Columbia, SC

Over the past year or so I've encountered a couple of leaks in my now 15 year old Hurricane. One leak at the bathroom sky light and more recently at the exhaust vent in the bathroom. In both cases, I put some tape around the areas to hopefully stop the water intrusion. Worked OK on the first, but not the second.

Decided it was time to have the whole roof resealed by the guys who know what they are doing, so I took it to my local Camping World who I have done business with for a number of years. A part of the work order was to replace the bathroom skylight. Because of all the tape I had put on it, the labor effort was more than normal and I'm ok with that. All the work was done and the service staff were friendly, helpful, and professional. After the work was done, took the unit home and all was good, albeit a little lighter in the wallet.

Well, I decided to check on the antenna to make sure that all was well. Low and behold I could raise the antenna but it would not turn. (I'd run into this before) Went up on the roof and sure enough an excess of "Goo". So I cleaned off enough to allow the antenna to turn, and life was once again good.

A couple of days later comes the first major rain. I go and check to verify all was dry. Walk in and see the kitchen counter was more than a bit wet in an area that had never been wet before. A few choice under the breath words later, I call and talk to the service rep I dealt with. He simply asked when I can bring it in. I said how about 30 minutes. His response was great see you then.

I get there and we go over the two issues (leak and antenna) and they take the MH back to the service area. I mentioned to the service rep that perhaps when they seal an antenna, that the final check is to make sure the antenna rotates. A few minutes later I'm told they are going to redo the antenna seal, and that the rest of the recently applied sealant looked good. However, you could use a new AC gasket. Being 15 years old, I thought sounds reasonable. They said since I had the other issue and had to come back they would do the labor if I bought the part. I quickly agreed and they got to work. $21 and a bit of time later I was on my way home. It's supposed to rain a lot next week so there will be ample opportunities to check things out.

At the end of the day ( and this long post ) while I don't like redo, CW handled the situation professionally, and a customer (me) went away happy.

2013 Chevy Sonic Hatchback (Automatic)
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2015, 07:35 PM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A water hose beats waiting for the next rain.

Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Ghost I View Post
A water hose beats waiting for the next rain.
True, but it's supposed to rain all next week so I'll let someone else do the work and I'll just observe.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #4

I hope your experience with Camping World there in SC turns out okay in the end.

Our recent experience getting a tow bar and brake system installed here at Camping World Houston was horrible and after 3 visits we went elsewhere and paid over $300 additional to have things corrected on a botched installation. I've never seen such incompetence.

Good luck with your roof!
John219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 05:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by John219 View Post
I hope your experience with Camping World there in SC turns out okay in the end.

Our recent experience getting a tow bar and brake system installed here at Camping World Houston was horrible and after 3 visits we went elsewhere and paid over $300 additional to have things corrected on a botched installation. I've never seen such incompetence.

Good luck with your roof!
For follow up, it rained several days while camping lots of wind. So far snug as a bug. My CW has not been perfect. But have always handled things in a professional manner. At least with me.

Tags
camping, service