Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #15
Placed my order for a smoke alarm on 07-June- 2015 and still waiting. They send me an e-mail everyday saying its on back order. Last time I buy anything from them !

2016 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
Jetta4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #16
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post

Every time I've ordered from rvupgrades, I've gotten my order the next day - even ordering as late as after 3PM. No hassle returns too.

By the way, remember when camping world really was awesome? You got their catalog, called their mail order number and talked to an actual person in Bowling Green that knew his stuff? I guess that was before Marcus decided to take over the world instead of selling camping gear.

Chuck & Pam (the people) - Bobbie & Nikki (the cats)
2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PDQ & Chevy Tracker ZR-2
NJ4B F261484 (ex: NCBounder)
Chuck&Pam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:48 PM   #17
American Coach Owners Club
When are you going to learn !
That's All I have to say!
Brownsburg Indiana
1992 American Eagle
NHRA225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #18
I had a major issue getting my credit and went on to RV.NET and posted 13 rants and finally after 35 days got my credit. Very very painful.... Never again...
tucsonrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:22 PM   #19
Triple E Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by pcurt23 View Post
No one keeps anything in stock anymore. And actually, Amazon created that world. I have had good luck with Tweetys.com, Adventure RV parts, and of course Amazon. I have found Camping World helpful in getting obscure items that I can't find anywhere else.
And while I am at it, why hasn't the rv repair world kept up with the current expansion in sales. I have been waiting three days to get a belt inspected on my rig. Do it myself if I could.
I believe GM created that world back in the early 80's with central warehouses. It really worked good for me back then.
Before I even think of buying anything from anybody I go to Amazon. A couple of weeks ago I calculated our savings. They were in the hundreds of dollars for just the things we needed for ourselves.
I feel bad for businesses that are struggling and can't supply in a reasonable time.
Not sure what I would do without Amazon.
Ex. I bought batteries for my wife's mobility scooter. 2 batteries at 160 for both.
Local suppliers wanted over $300.
Ordered the batteries from Amazon received them from 600 miles in three days. Delivered to my door. I had to help the mail lady unload them. Got free shipping to boot.
Now explain this the batteries were the same brand same lettering same everything.
I would recommend Amazon for most things you need.
narampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:32 PM   #20
iRV2 No Limits Club
Originally Posted by tucsonrv View Post
I had a major issue getting my credit and went on to RV.NET and posted 13 rants and finally after 35 days got my credit. Very very painful.... Never again...
You posted 13 "rants" and you expect them to help you? After that most businesses would ignore you too!
2009 45' Magna 630 w/Cummins ISX 650 HP/1950 Lbs Ft
Charter Good Sam Lifetime Member, FMCA, SKP
RV'ing since 1957, NRA Benefactor Life, towing '05 Odyssey
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:17 PM   #21
Camping World is the Comcast of the RV industry. If you have difficulty getting a credit just call your credit card issuer and they will get the credit back for you. The banks work a little harder at customer service.
2014 Palomino Puma 25RS 28 days in 2014, 47 days in 2015, 51 days in 2016 plus 6 more booked
2011 F-150 Supercrew 5.0 6spd, Me, Xyl and the 2 kids, BooBoo and Gracie (kittens)
KT4Wextra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:25 PM   #22
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by edsperfect View Post
I have bought many things from them and have always been annoyed at how long it has taken to get it. Well i needed a water pump so bought one from them. After 1 week the order was still being "processed" which means they didn't have it in stock. I needed it and could not wait another week for them to get it in so sent them two emails cancelling it.

Ordered one from amazon and got it in 2 days.

Wouldn't you know 2 weeks later when they apparently got it in they sent it.

goes back tomorrow.

I will buy somewhere else from now on since they don't listen or ignore you
Amazon Rocks !!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my opinion I buy as much as I can from them for our motorhome items and we are prime members and we get 2 day free shipping and the prices are usually cheaper than most places
: thumb:
2008 Damon Daybreak 3135,F53,2011 CR-V toad SMI Stay in Play Duo
Why wait for retirement enjoy life now !!!!!!!!!!
Me , DW, 2 kids and Kasey 8 year old yellow lab
mavric65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:32 PM   #23
Originally Posted by Jetta4000 View Post
Placed my order for a smoke alarm on 07-June- 2015 and still waiting. They send me an e-mail everyday saying its on back order. Last time I buy anything from them !

If it's back ordered what can you do? I purchased a blue ox tru center and installation bracket from rv upgrades over five weeks ago. The tru center came with the bracket and the bracket won't work. The bracket I need is back ordered until July 15 they say. Should I come on here and bash them? Meanwhile I have $1,000.00 charged and paid with a tru center on my work bench as a paper weight.
1998 36ft Country Coach Magna #5499
Gillig chassis with a Detroit series 40
2002 F250 CC 7.3 PSD
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #24
Now let me see if I can remember what my Mother told me about the little boy who put his finger on the hot burner. Sometimes it's hard to remember.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:58 PM   #25
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
CW-GS whole retail plan is just go after newbies as us old timers have then all figured out ,ITS ! BIG SHAM almost illegal how does he do it ??????
left gsrs last wk got a call, told him to go read rv.net ph went dead almost immediately
Rick & Barbara
"98" 30 'Coachmen C Santara FL (front lounge) V 10
TST tpms, ScanGauge 2 cats Tyler,Lucy
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:52 AM   #26
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
X10 on Amazon, and I can also tell you this: in addition to having their distribution and retail systems finely tuned, Amazon is also an astoundingly great company to work for. My son is an engineer, has been with Amazon four years and loves every minute.

Fulltiming since '12
2002 DSDP 40, FL, Cat 3126
John & Diane, Fulltimers. RVM103 NHSO
On the road since June '12 with Lincoln, the guard cat.
2002 Dutch Star 40, Freightliner, Cat 3126, 2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:20 AM   #27
Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
As noted above, my biggest complaint is that they bill your CC as soon as you place the order...even if the item is not shipped for weeks.
2014 American Eagle 45T
DD 500
Pulling a Honda CRV
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 05:48 AM   #28
Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Almost anytime we need something, RV or not, I Google as much of the description, part number or whatever. I gives you an instant feel for about what the price should be. Most often Amazon is either the best or close enough where we use them and we have had a Prime account for years so two day shipping is available a lot.

If it's not Amazon then we have to think about who the next choice is and do we trust them to get the job done. CW would not be a first choice unless the price was outstanding and we did not need the item any time soon. So far one of the only things I have seen that they were first choice at because of price were ADCO RV and tire covers but that was a while ago.

Many of the places you buy from are also Amazon sellers and often the price better there for the same item. I believe Amazon hold their sellers to a high standard that keeps them honest.

I have to go now because UPS is here with another box from guess where

Mark & Nancy
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Shep dog, R.I.P. Kenzie dog Toad 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote