Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-02-2015, 06:00 AM   #29
Originally Posted by Team G View Post
X10 on anyone but CW, ....
I don't think you're being fair. Plenty of other RV dealers suck just as bad but because they're not chains they don't get as much bad press on the internet. I'll leave my current horror story of dealing with an independent dealer for later.

cwsqbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2015, 06:33 AM   #30
I was on a mission but I got my refund back and the merchandise free and they delivered via next day ups

tucsonrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:34 AM   #31
Thank goodness for this site and the comments on CW ordering. This newbie, read posts about CW and thought it was all BS. But I never read anything bad about their service department. I still wont be ordering from CW, Amazon is the best. Just saying.
Mikey (USN retired, Radioman)
Solo after 25 years since the wife went solo to Heaven

mikensallyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 10:53 AM   #32
Never read anything bad about CW's service? I've been reading about the horror stories people have about dealing with CWs terrible service for the 12 years I've been RV'ing.

Have seen sooo much about them that's bad, I've never let them do anything on my RV. Only rarely check their stores out for items in stock too. They do carry some interesting optional RV'ers toys. But, Amazon carries so much RV stuff now that I haven't set foot in a CW in 3 years now.

Here's a test, got to RV Service Reviews and check your area for reviews about CW. I'd wager that bad service CW reviews are like 90% of the time.
'02 Winnebago Journey DL, DSDP, 36' of fun.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #33
It is really too bad about CW and, their poor performance in both store operations and, service. When I started camping, oh, about a zillion years ago, CW was the only real camping supply store around. It was in El Cajon CA which, was near where I lived at the time. I used to love going in there and browsing the isles thinking I need this or that and, actually purchased many items.

It was like going in to Costco now. You go in for maybe an item or two but, leave with a basket full 'cause you THINK you need all this stuff. Anyway, over the years, CW has just gone down the same kind of grades I drive on, long and hard. They still have, for the most part, lots of "general" camping equipment and, basic needs stuff. But, for multiple reasons, that store was relocated to San Marcos CA. Well, we've since found other places for our RV needs.

But, I do miss the store "ambiance" sort of thing. It was always fun to gawk at what I "think" I might need. Oh well, we've since moved to beautiful AZ and, there's no CW anywhere near us but, we've got lots of smaller "mom & pop" type RV parts supplies and service centers such as "3 Ts" here in Lake Havasu. For some of you, CW may be the only RV supplies and service center around. Again, it's too bad they simply have a hard time keeping up good customer relations and service.

As many, many of us know, it's hard to find a really good RV tech in this world. But, on the other hand, it's getting harder and harder to work on these computerized Kleenex boxes. It' not just throw on a set of spark plug wires and a new O-ring. And, there's so much change and diversity in all the parts on these monsters, I can see how some companies have a hard time acquiring the replacement parts needed. Not sure how Amazon, who's really not a "camping supply store" can do what they do but, the powers to be must know how to read the demands and needs of many RV folks.
2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #34
Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
In defense of CW, I have found items there that were difficult to find elsewhere.

Also, if CW has a sale, their sale pricing is very competitive.

Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA FMCA 335149 W3TLN
2005 Suncruiser 38R W24, no chassis mods needed 2013 Honda Accord EX-L 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:06 PM   #35
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I agree CW sucks. Last two trips to CW and out of stock of what should be staples for every RV store. Filters for Onan generators and sewer hoses. They put other out of business and then they don't stock the stuff you need or it is outrageously priced.
Randy & Kathy
2004 Southwind 37A
RandyKathyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:30 AM   #36
Fleetwood Owners Club
with you all the way!

Sorry for your problems with cw. We're with you all the way. We have had big problems with cw in the past and unless we're on the road and am passing cw and need something right then, we will wait until we get home and find other alternatives.

rick and laura. bulls gap tn. 32ft tioga
farmerick4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:48 AM   #37
Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs up Product received

A lot of action on this thread, I see.

To be fair, after my post (#8 above): after I finally got through to CW on the phone (it took several tries and long waits), the rep said they sent a message of inquiry to the warehouse my product was supposed to ship from. Miraculously, late the next day, my status changed to shipped and I comfirmed the UPS tracking number had been initiated. I don't know if it was a coincidence or what. One shouldn't have to go through all that wait and hassle. I was glad when the brown truck delivered it yesterday on the Friday holiday, instead of holding it over the 3-day weekend.

Happy Independence Day everybody!
Dean & Diane - Fulltiming since April '12
2004 Itasca Suncruiser 38R, Workhorse W22, Blue Ox, 2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback (auto trans), 320 watts of portable solar
hdmoxness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 07:38 PM   #38
Very unethical in a lot of ways. Tried to film flam me on a service policy when I bought my ACE 29.3
Basenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:38 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I've ordered a lot of stuff from them this year and have not had a single problem with my orders.
2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read." - Groucho Marx
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 09:53 PM   #40
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
you must know Marcus,only reason i can think of,Count your lucky stars ,it will turn around
Rick & Barbara
"98" 30 'Coachmen C Santara FL (front lounge) V 10
TST tpms, ScanGauge 2 cats Tyler,Lucy
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 10:03 PM   #41
I have never had any problems with them. But then again, I seldom buy anything from them and I never have had and never will have anything installed by them.
2004.5 GMC SLT CCLB, Ride Rites, Turbo brake, EFI Live
2012 Arctic Fox 29 5T 5th Airborne, B&W, Prodigy
Papillon navigators Lily, Buddy and Willow
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 03:37 PM   #42
Since I do all my own work in repair, replacement, alterations, additions, etc. I've not had the "pleasure" of dealing with what appears to be a BAD service/work ethic presented by C/W. I have however, been in a few C/W stores in a few states and, well, for the most part, have always been presented with a great attitude, willingness to help find what I'm looking for in the store(s), calling other C/W stores to see if they have what the store I was in, did not have etc.

The last store we were in was/is west of Flagstaff AZ and, while a bit crowed in the parking lot for big rig to maneuver around in, (if you're on the road and, are needing a part or, parts or, supplies, it was a very nicely kept store with a fair amount of readily available supplies and RV needs.

What I think seems odd is, while there seems to be an on-going plethora of reports of poor performance and repairs, at least on here that is, in all the C/W stores with service centers we've been at, ALL the bays are full, all the techs are busy, and, there's usually been a waiting line of coaches to get worked on, just outside the entrance to service.

So, my question might be, "just how many people are dissatisfied with C/W service and or, store operations"? I mean, it's kind-of like the "bad glue joints" on Winne and Itasca body/component attachments, in reality, of the hundreds of thousands of coaches that come off that line, just how many have had "bad glues" for attaching certain components vs the mass amounts that haven't?

For all those fully loaded service bays at C/W facilities all over the states, with all those RVs being repaired, just how many of those owners are dissatisfied vs the amount of owners that drive away TOTALLY satisfied and, will return for future service and repairs?

2004 ITASCA HORIZON 36GD, 2011 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Toad '08 GL 1800 Gold Wing
Retired-29.5 yrs, SDFD, Ham - KI6OND
Me, Karla and the Sophie character, (mini Schnauzer)
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote