Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2015, 06:35 AM   #1

Camping world sucks

I have bought many things from them and have always been annoyed at how long it has taken to get it. Well i needed a water pump so bought one from them. After 1 week the order was still being "processed" which means they didn't have it in stock. I needed it and could not wait another week for them to get it in so sent them two emails cancelling it.

Ordered one from amazon and got it in 2 days.

Wouldn't you know 2 weeks later when they apparently got it in they sent it.

goes back tomorrow.

I will buy somewhere else from now on since they don't listen or ignore you
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome to our big club.
HUGHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:34 AM   #3

No one keeps anything in stock anymore. And actually, Amazon created that world. I have had good luck with Tweetys.com, Adventure RV parts, and of course Amazon. I have found Camping World helpful in getting obscure items that I can't find anywhere else.
And while I am at it, why hasn't the rv repair world kept up with the current expansion in sales. I have been waiting three days to get a belt inspected on my rig. Do it myself if I could.
Old 06-30-2015, 07:56 AM   #4

You will find great service and good prices at : rvupgrades. com. It is an online retailer of RV related products and is owned by the guy who started iRV 2. Support them because they support us.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
You will find great service and good prices at : rvupgrades. com. It is an online retailer of RV related products and is owned by the guy who started iRV 2. Support them because they support us.
X2!
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:20 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
I'll write that down. Thanks for the info.
Artcie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:36 AM   #7

X10 on anyone but CW, have given them a chance time after time from parts to service - simple to more complex and every time they have let me down. (you know how you think, it must have been a fluke, and you go back again expecting a better outcome)I have witnessed and overheard outrageous things first hand. With no joy and brutal honesty , Unless your picking it off the shelf and know what you need - your in trouble at CW. sorry cw.

PS I have done business with many of the others above and received GREAT service. RECOMMENDED HIGHLY.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:18 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Thumbs down Ordered, charged, & still "Processing"

Online orders from Camping World are really out of hand. I placed a $250 order on 6/21/15 and today, 9 days later, the only thing that has happened is that Camping World has charged my credit card and taken my money. I have emailed customer service (it doesn't appear the company's employees are able to provide any) twice with no response other than a robotic acknowledgement of receipt. I have also called and listened to messages 1 through 9 about 50 times. I finally did get through to a rep after about 30 minutes on hold, but they also could not offer any resolution. This is why RVers order millions of dollars of related stuff from Amazon--they get their order efficiently and quickly. My recommendation is to stay away from ordering at Camping World. The Profit's empire is going to collapse while he pompously talks about customer service and his people are unable to deliver it. Undoubtedly his fault . . . just sayin'.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:30 PM   #9

I p[laced order on 6/17/15 and same has happened to me. NEVER will I order anything Again from them.
ChasL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:31 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsperfect View Post
I have bought many things from them and have always been annoyed at how long it has taken to get it. Well i needed a water pump so bought one from them. After 1 week the order was still being "processed" which means they didn't have it in stock. I needed it and could not wait another week for them to get it in so sent them two emails cancelling it.

Ordered one from amazon and got it in 2 days.

Wouldn't you know 2 weeks later when they apparently got it in they sent it.

goes back tomorrow.

I will buy somewhere else from now on since they don't listen or ignore you
they have gotten too big customer service is no longer there first concern.��Amazon is cheaper ,faster and has better customer service��
Old 06-30-2015, 01:36 PM   #11

My wife ordered a couple of things on May 15. They charged our card then and the order is still "processing".

I will never, ever use Camping World again. Not for accessories. Not for service. Not for new RVs. Not for anything.

Bruce
nomad297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 01:41 PM   #12

CAMPING WORLD SUCKS

Na-say it's not so!!! Lol.

FYI---this is NOT a new revolution.
Ha

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:14 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Pond Piggies Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
I just ordered from http://www.rvupgradestore.com/

I also like and use Amazon. Amazon and their partners ship quickly with excellent communications.

-Tom

Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:29 AM   #14
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
x3

Every time I've ordered from rvupgrades, I've gotten my order the next day - even ordering as late as after 3PM. No hassle returns too.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping