Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Carrier V Air Conditioner Blower Problem FIXED

Had the blower motor on one of my Carrier V's fail, Started when some crud built up on the fan, this unbalanced it, this took out the sleeve type bearings, and when they siezed the winding shorted and.. Well, that motor is toast.

You think they sell replacements? Well if you do you are wrong. They want you to buy a whole new Air conditioner and of course the Carrier V, Well you can read about it's demise in other threads.

I contacted Shannon, owner of Easton Electric Motor Services who went kind of above and beyond.

Monday I dropped my old motor off, he had his staff (Alias Wife) search for a replacement and she had no luck at all, So he found a different motor. This motor is a very good replacement. He had to trim the shaft and build a new cradle for it, but the new cradle fits in the old mounting holes exactly.

He went well above and beyond.. We got the new motor in this evening and when I pushed the button the thingy on the wall... Well shortly after I found I had a new problem.. now I like this one

When I went outside, back into the heat and humidity. My glasses fogged up.

Now that.. Is the kind of problem Like.

About Shannon and Easton Electric Motor Services I have only good things to say

Less than 250 is better than the cost of a new RV Air Conditioner and the wiring to operate it since I'd have to run Thermostat wires as well.b
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!