Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 10-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
Centramatic centrifugal balancing system

I'm thinking about purchasing the Centramatic centrifugal balancing system for my MH. I would appreciate hearing from anyone with first hand experience with these balancers who can give me their before/after impressions. How do they work for you? Any problems with the installation? Would you recommend them? etc. Thank you!

BradandJanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2009, 03:55 PM   #2

I have installed and used the Centramatic brand before. Excellent results. They work as advertised. Just understand that my experience was on a rock crawler Jeep and not on the motorhome. The reason I used them was that the Jeep would spin the tire on the wheel and make wheel weights useless. If you have a problem keeping wheels in balance then the Centramatics will correct the problem.

'02 Ultimate Advantage 40J Spartan MM - Cummins ISC
2013 Jeep Rubicon JK Unlimited
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #3
Vintage RV Owners Club
We have used them on our semi for many years with very good results.
1984 Heritage 2000 32 ft 1976 Jeep CJ7 toad
Rick & Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 03:55 AM   #4
I used them on my past Ford F-450 4x4, worked like a champ. Well worth the money.
JVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:51 AM   #5
Thank you for your help Kix; Rick & Hope; JVJ, I ordered the balancers this morning. Brad
BradandJanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:08 PM   #6
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I too am considering the Centramatic's for the front of my MH. After putting new Bridgestones on last year, I have a vibration coming back through my steering wheel and I can also feel a bit of it through the front floor. I have Magnum Plus (will have to be removed if I put Centramatics on) in all 6 tires but still get the vibration between about 55-60 mph. Just put Koni FSD's on the front but did not see much improvement in the vibration....Real happy with the improvement in the ride tho.

I talked with the Centramatic folks and they felt their product would sure do the trick...and they do have a money back guarantee on them.

So, I would be interested in any other feedback anybody might have...as well as the Balance Master product if anybody has experienced them.

And Brad, please give us a report on yours.
Capt Joe

2004 Winnebago Brave 32v on W20 w/8.1L and Allison
Capt Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:54 PM   #7
We have had centramatics installed on our big trucks and the truck we used to pull our 5er (Peterbilt 387). They WORK, do a great job, save tires, smooth the ride and require no maintenance. I am a firm believer in them. just our experience. Gene

2015 Entegra
Cornerstone 45B
2014 Lincoln MKT
Ann n Gene is offline   Reply With Quote