I have a 93 Gulfstream class A with a 460 ford engine. My chassis battery is not charging when the engine is running. I automatically assumed it was the alternator. After replacing that, it still is not charging. Any suggestions.
Question: If my battery disconnect switch is activated, will that prevent voltage from getting from the alternator to the battery?
iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!
Consider checking the following:
1. Battery voltage with the engine off.
2. Battery voltage with the engine on.
3. Alternator output voltage.
4. Make sure the connections to the battery are super clean and tight.
5. If the battery cells can be filled with distilled water, are they at the correct level?
6. Are the sides of the battery flat or is there a bulge?
Let us know what you find.
2005 Newmar KSDP 3910 + GMC ENVOY XUV 37K lbs Moving Down The Road
The Avatar Is Many Times Around The USA Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours