Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2005, 07:56 AM   #1

I have a 97 Winnebago Adventurer on a P-30 chassis that is equipped with the Auto-Park feature. I'm having trouble with it holding and unable to find anyone with much knowledge of these systems.
lbreitnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2005, 07:56 AM   #2

I have a 97 Winnebago Adventurer on a P-30 chassis that is equipped with the Auto-Park feature. I'm having trouble with it holding and unable to find anyone with much knowledge of these systems.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #3

What you have is the worst parking brake system that an engineer ever built. Must have been on drugs. There is a ton of posts about this sytem all over the net. Do a search of this site as well as Rv.net and the yahoo RV sites. GM no longer supports your chassis but the parts are available from Workhorse. You may have too take out a second mortgage! Your 97 has the latest reincarnation of this monstrosity. Uses an electric motor to operate an hydraulic pump to operate the brake. First thing I would do is check the resevoir for fluid level. If you are not mechanical take it to a Workhorse dealer
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:29 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oh, why did you remind me of that stupid parking brake. Mine's an 05 so it works ok so far but I hate it. It instills so much confidence as I'm lainching the boat on a steep boat ramp.
Where is our government when you want them? I wish WH were forced to recall this dangerous design . Like put a foot pedal and cable, tried and proven design and a parking pawl, at least then you have 2 chances that one of them will hold.
I hate it too. Stupid motor growling at me when I take the brake off or take it out of park
Denver, Colorado
max49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 04:21 PM   #5

You have now joined the select group who have the privelege and license to grouse endlessly about "the idiot engineers at GM". The AutoPark was also used on a blue zillion GM step vans. Taking it to an RV repair facility will usually get you nothing more than a reiteration of the gripes and grouses, that you will find in the various forums. If a Workhorse facility is not convenient, take it to any GM/Chevy truck shop.
If it doesn't hold against the engine torque it needs adjustment of the shoes. A half hour job in any honest shop.
Good Luck and don't believe everything you read.

Cisco and Pancho,
DickNJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:10 AM   #6

Is there a separate resevoir for the park brake system or does it operate off the main resevoir?
Old 09-23-2005, 03:29 AM   #7

Separate reservoir, passenger side, near center.
PhilRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:23 AM   #8

What years p30 have this feature was told my 1999 didn't have ??????/
Old 06-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #9

I have a 2000 Winnebago Brave (Workhorse) 34 Ft. The Autopark Brake is locked and will not release in either Reverse or Drive. I can forcefully move the Coach by raceing
the motor torque. However, it is like trying to move the Coach with the Brakes on. I have now disconnected the AutoBrake Cable near the Pump and filled with Dextron III and it will shift just fine without any problems,and the coach will move but the Autobrake remains on and Yellow Dash Button makes no sound it is changing anything, like it used to. I am wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction on what to do at this point. Thanks in advance.
winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #10

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by winn
I have a 2000 Winnebago Brave (Workhorse) 34 Ft. The Autopark Brake is locked and will not release in either Reverse or Drive. I can forcefully move the Coach by raceing
the motor torque. However, it is like trying to move the Coach with the Brakes on. I have now disconnected the AutoBrake Cable near the Pump and filled with Dextron III and it will shift just fine without any problems,and the coach will move but the Autobrake remains on and Yellow Dash Button makes no sound it is changing anything, like it used to. I am wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction on what to do at this point. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum!
You can PM OldUsedbear on this site, he is the expert!
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 11:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Knights View Post
Welcome to the forum!
You can PM OldUsedbear on this site, he is the expert!
Does anyone know of Old Used Bear is still active? I've emailed both his old and new email address with no response. I'd love to send my sylinder off to be repaired, but don't want to send without confirmation he is still actively working on them.
seskylighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 11:23 AM   #12

OUB. Is gone on to great camper in sky.. rip. Try local hydraulic shop.. or Ultrarv. Or Brazles.com.. or Rvautopark.com.. they may help..
Good luck and keep us posted
Old 08-07-2023, 02:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by seskylighter View Post
Does anyone know of Old Used Bear is still active? I've emailed both his old and new email address with no response. I'd love to send my sylinder off to be repaired, but don't want to send without confirmation he is still actively working on them.
Roger Haag, "OUB", creator of the auto park library, passed away several years ago

His family was trying to keep his website operational, but I think it goes down from time to time. TRY : www.rvautopark.com When it is up, it can provide a lot of info, but I think they no longer reply to emails, and definitely don't sell or service anything.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 10:20 PM   #14

Do you know when he passed away, I must have missed the news, the last I heard what seems like a couple of years ago, but may be longer was that due to impairment that he was no longer able to answer questions, but that his daughter was helping maintain the web site.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote