Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2008, 06:03 AM   #1

1999 chieftain 36 ft. Driver's side slide tight on hardwood floor in the in position. Adjustment appears to be between the floors back corner passenger side compartment. How do I get at it?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2008, 06:03 AM   #2

1999 chieftain 36 ft. Driver's side slide tight on hardwood floor in the in position. Adjustment appears to be between the floors back corner passenger side compartment. How do I get at it?

Old 10-12-2008, 12:07 AM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Lightning Len, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and look forward to reading of your adventures and experiences. I am not sure as to access without seeing it but I can put a shortcut of this post into the Winnebago Owners Forum so those that have the same unit might help you out. What floor plan is your coach?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 04:50 AM   #4

Hi

Driver's side slide contains couch, sink and stove. Dinette, fridge and chair on passenger side. Toilet is beside slide and sink and vanity on opposite side with shower/tub.

Any help would be appreciated.

Len
Old 10-12-2008, 09:37 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hi Len, and welcome to the greatest RV forum on the internet!

I had '99 Chieftain for 5 years and my nephew now owns it. I had the 34Y model with the kitchen slide too. I did make adjustment to it but that was many years ago & I don't remember any details.

Does the slide fit square on the outside against the wall of the coach?
If yes, then you want to raise the whole slide at that end that's rubbing the floor.
If no, and it's tight at the top but out a tad at the bottom, then you want to raise just the inside end of the slide arm. That's probably the access point your looking for. With the slide out, you should be able to see it from underneath the coach. If not, you should find an access plate that you can unscrew to see the adjustments. This is where my memory is fuzzy. You may find the access plate inside the opposing storage compartment.

There is definitely an access panel to make the adjustment(s). They use that butyl rubber seal on these access panels and it sticks like crazy. So once the screws are out, just pry with a screwdriver and slowly pull the sticky stuff apart.

Good luck & welcome to iRV2,
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic23522_1.gif]
Duner is offline   Reply With Quote