Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 07-17-2016, 02:00 PM   #15
Prove the center contact to confirm it is the positive point. The shell is negative.

I recall another poster finding his wired backwards.

twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2016, 04:17 PM   #16
Originally Posted by vmelroe View Post
OK RVers time to put are heads together on this one I have a 2014 Tuscany 40EX.
All three lighters are not working right I have 11.15 volts on all the lighters. When i plug in a device the RED led light comes on But the device will not power up The lighters are hot all the time. Any thoughts on this one.
You are not alone!
On our 2016 Tuscany 45AT, I was looking for a 12v source to power a couple of short led strips I had fitted behind and to illuminate the switch panel beside the door. I chose to splice into the wire running to the 12v outlet at the rear of that cabinet but found the leds to be not as bright as they should be. It turned out that voltage at the outlet, after very briefly showing 12v on the meter, dropped back to 7.5v. This low voltage was also showing at the other two outlets. I have been meaning to call Thor to ask for a schematic of the wiring for these outlets to look for an explanation. In the meantime, I spliced the leds into a 12v wire feeding one of the switches and they are now as bright as they should be.

Champaign County Illinois
2016 Thor Tuscany 45 AT, 2014 Jeep Cherokee
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 04:58 PM   #17
You should not be reading 15.50 volts.

If that's actually what your reading, you need to recheck all of the battery cables to make sure something isn't mixed up there.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Are all three 12vdc power ports wired to the same batteries? Chassis or house, or a mix? You could be dealing with two differing power sources.
Vince and Susan
2011 Tiffin Phaeton 40QTH (Cummins ISC/Freightliner)
Flat towing a modified 2005 Jeep (Rubicon Wrangler)
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:54 AM   #19
Well, I thought I was the only one with this problem. We also have a Tuscany 40EX. 2013 though. Our passenger side 12 v outlet also won't charge a cell phone. Dash and drivers side work.
Measures voltage, light comes on for the cord but no charge at the phone. Cord and phone charge in car, so I know there is no problem with them. Pulled the outlet out to check fuse but found none. This outlet did work at one time too. Tried other device charge at this location(iPad) but no luck.
Martinichuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:26 AM   #20

Originally Posted by Martinichuck View Post
Pulled the outlet out to check fuse but found none. This outlet did work at one time too. Tried other device charge at this location(iPad) but no luck.

The circuit will be fused " somewhere " finding the fuse and ground wire location , can be frustrating to say the least.
If you find and remove the fuse for the other sockets , and you get no volts at the problem outlet, you may be looking at a bad wire splice that feeds the problem socket , and it may be easier to run new wiring than find the bad splice.
Aren't electrical problems fun .

99DSDP 3884, Freightliner, XC, CAT 3126B, 300 HP /ALLISON 3060
2000 Caravan toad, Remco & Blue Ox.
Skip426 is offline   Reply With Quote