Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2009, 11:09 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. I have a Winnebago Class C MH with the city water fill on the outside of the street side wall. It's not in a compartment. I'd like to put a quick disconnect on it so that I can easily hook up when I get to a CG. With most quick disconnects that I've seen, once you disconnect, there is an open hole left. Has anyone done this, or does anyone know of a way to cover that hole or if there is a brand of quick disconnect that already comes with a cover?

Thanks for any help on this.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
You can get a plug or a cap that screw into the normal hose connections. For my quick-connects, I have sometimes used the other side of the connect with a plug or cap screwed into/onto it. That adds a little length, but if you can deal with the added length it is a very easy solution.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:39 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bought some stainless ones at the FMCA rally in Pomona last year. They come with caps and are the best quick connects I have ever used. The MH is in storage so I can't get the brand name for you for a few days. Maybe someone else will know the brand.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Wayne,

That sounds like what I'm looking for. Whenever you can get the brand for me I'd appreciate it. Any idea on cost?

Paul,

I've thought of that, too, and that's a possibility. I don't think it would stick out too much.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I think I paid $20 per kit. Right angle fittings are also available which come in really handy. I will try and get the brand tomorrow after Church.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 02-14-2009, 12:46 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just found the web site Kwik Link for the product.

Old 02-14-2009, 12:52 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
The RV Water Filter Store has what I bought "Kwik Link Connect System - 90 degree" near the bottom of the page for $21.95.

Old 02-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Perfect. Just what I was thinking of. Thanks for your help. The RV Water Filter Store also has just the rubber caps for the male or female quick connect fittings. I might be able to go with just that - assuming they'll fit all connectors.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

You can make a plug easily - just screw a standard threaded hose cap onto a male connector and plug it into the female side of the quick connect.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
That makes sense. I have another quick connect around here somewhere. I'll just have to see if I can find a threaded plug (Lowe's, CW?). That just might work!