Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2016, 09:03 PM   #15

In my rig I first started to see some air coming out of all the fixtures with the water. Almost like was running out of water. Then when I hooked up to city water the problem went away with air, thought it was a fluke. Then while sitting outside I noticed water coming out the overflow

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2016, 04:52 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You all should be using a water pressure regulator set at less than 45 psi.
Do not change the fill valve position, on or off, with any pressure on the Valve.
Per this forum, it is possible to replace the o ring seals in the Valve without removing the Valve.

01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 07:21 AM   #17

I was lucky to still be next door at Lazydays CG and actually saw them remove the valve and replace the 3 or 4 gaskets on the valve that had striped due to the turning of the valve while the water pressure was on. So I will be following their advise and turn the valve to my desire position before turning he water on at the city hookup. They said this is a common problem they see all the time. The tech stated that he was not sure if a valve rebuild kit (w gaskets) could be purchase without having to buy the whole valve.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:23 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Fresh Water Tank Filling on City Water

So glad to find this post. We have a 2017 Holiday Rambler Vacationer and having the exact same issue. The dealer said maybe we didn't turn the dial all the way. They had it, water on overnight, no water in the fresh tank. We take it camping, didn't touch the dial, second day there, the fresh tank was 1/2 full. We now have it back to the dealer. Only seemed to fill if we were taking showers, using the washer, etc. Just hooked up, it did not go into the fresh tank. At first we thought it was us! We've been doing this for 15 years and never had this kind of issue. You folks have helped us confirm, it's not us, thank you!

PS we are using a regulator
Old 10-22-2016, 10:47 PM   #19

I'll add that I never had the issue until I camped at Bristol Raceway. The August race rained out on Saturday. Most of the fans left so we moved across the the lot that had water at the dragstrip. 90% of the campers had left. Me and my buddy remarked how much pressure and flow was available out of the hose bib, we are both plumbers btw. It was after connecting to that hose bib and switching the Anderson valve from city to tank to add some water for the trip home and back to city that I had the issue. So the previous comments about not changing the valve under pressure and using a pressure regulator are in my new bag of tricks.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:48 AM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update they are important for those who may do a search of the subject in the future.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 01:01 AM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
With how fragile the valve gaskets on this one is, it seems that they should have a warning in text right next to the valve.
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 05:59 AM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
Just dealt with this problem in my mother in laws moho. Her 16 year old fresh water pump check valve failed. The check valve was part of the actual pump. So when she hooked up to city water the pressure forced city water back through the water pump and into her fresh water tank. It then started leaking at the fresh water fill inlet. It was just a little at first, then got more and more until it became a steady stream. Like many of you I first thought it was the tank fill from the city line.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:19 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Thanks for the update & glad you got it fixed. I guess we've been lucky (or our 2006 has better valve gaskets). I know we've often shifted from city to fill tank & back while hooked to shore water & have never had that problem.

Lori-
Lori, we had a 2007 Diplomat for 10 years, same thing.

Tags
tank, water