Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #1

Class A DP air system bleed down.

Hi folks!
My Monaco (see profile) air system bleeds down when parked for 2 to 3 weeks, but the air bags stay at the level set when I parked it. It has been good for up to 3 months which is our max length of stay.

Please, tell me what your experience is with your air system and average bleed-down time.
Thanks.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My coach would bleed down over night until I installed REK new bags and lines. Now it stays up and the pressure in the bags remain while there is some leakage in the system. guages go down after a week or two. the bags and the height remains as set. Just means any leak is before ride height valves.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Mine runs anywhere from overnight to several days, but never as long as yours. It's simply a matter of how many tiny leaks there are in your air system. At one point mine as bleeding down in a hour or two, but after a several air leak repairs It got reasonable. Every few years I have to get the air system "tuned up" again as little leaks appear here and there. Others report results more like yours, so I guess I have a leak-prone system.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
The air pressure on my Monaco goes down (according to the dash gauge) to about 30 PSI after a few days at the CG. That does NOT affect the air leveling! It is my understanding that Monaco has a separate small pump that maintains the air in the bags to keep it level.
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #5

Class A DP air system bleed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
The air pressure on my Monaco goes down (according to the dash gauge) to about 30 PSI after a few days at the CG. That does NOT affect the air leveling! It is my understanding that Monaco has a separate small pump that maintains the air in the bags to keep it level.

Yes, my Camelot has the electric aux pump for the air leveling. It runs if there is a load change, like guests coming aboard.

Thanks for all of the input, folks.
I feel good about my air system!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I don't have auto leveling, I dump the air from my air bags when I level but there is still air in my tanks. My air system will bleed down after about a week.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:55 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
I don't have auto leveling, I dump the air from my air bags when I level but there is still air in my tanks. My air system will bleed down after about a week.

Jim, are you sure you don't have auto leveling? I would have thought your coach would have about the same as mine.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:58 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Air systems on our coaches by their very nature (100's of fittings/connections) will leak down, some fast, some slower. This is why Monaco with their air leveling systems have isolated the air bags from the air brake systems and employ a separate electric air compressor for the air leveling system. They know that the air brake system WILL leak down over time.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lindy View Post
Air systems on our coaches by their very nature (100's of fittings/connections) will leak down, some fast, some slower. This is why Monaco with their air leveling systems have isolated the air bags from the air brake systems and employ a separate electric air compressor for the air leveling system. They know that the air brake system WILL leak down over time.

Three cheers for Monaco!
Old 11-19-2014, 09:19 AM   #10

My old system will bleed down in about 2-3 days. Tank pressure drops and bags also go down. Mostly don't care cuz' it's easier for my wife to use the first step. I don't use jacks and don't have auto-leveling. I'm a former boater and don't notice a little motion.
Old 11-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Auto-leveling and air-leveling are two different things. Auto-level means you push a button and the system levels itself, whether it is a hydraulic or air leveling system. Air-leveling uses the air suspension system to level the coach and is usually an auto-leveling design as well. Air level is often combined with hydraulic leveling, to give more overall range of leveling (a hydraulic system can usually handle more extreme conditions).

Air leveling systems normally have an auxiliary compressor that automatically compensates for air loss or shifting loads inside the coach. Not a feature unique to Monaco coaches at all - pretty much standard air-leveling design.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I have the ride control leveling but not air auto leveling.

I have the RVA 3 jack system. When I park I dump air and then follow the leveling procedure of raising the front a minimum of ~3/4" to take strain off front cap and then use the back to level side to side.

When I dump air I do not press my brakes so I leave air in the tanks, if we are only overnighting I don't have to listen to the low air alarm.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class a