Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2015, 10:26 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy View Post
Wtih advise like that is a good thing you are not a lawyer

Moxy
Look, I was merely pointing out the obvious. When this event occurred and the OP just drove away ASSUMING everything was OK, they dropped themselves right in the effluent that was flowing up near their property (MH) . You can't just hope everyone sees it the way you do and think all is well. It was a huge mistake to not get pictures and records. Why does everyone assume their insurance company is going to take care of everything? If they do, good for them. They may decide this isn't covered.
And, I wasn't giving advice.
Greatscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #72

Update-
This morning I received a call from the president of the company that owns the RV park. He was very apologetic about the situation. He told me that the maintenance man and the manager of the park are no longer with his company. He told me that he will be issuing a credit for my stay and invited me back for a free stay as he stated that the attorney letter wasn’t done for free. He told me that he has contacted the county and accepted full responsibility for the incident, although I have not yet heard anything from the county. I thanked him and asked if I could share the name of the RV park as I appreciated the manner that he is handling the situation. I explained that I had posted the incident on the IRV2 forum. He asked me if I would not say the name as he just wants this unfortunate incident to all go away. So as much as I would like to share the name with the positive outcome, I will respect his wishes.

I’m glad that I didn’t file an insurance claim as it was just a combination of errors and mis-communication that would have turned into a bigger mess. I personally learned to document and take photos of odd incidents like this in the future.

Thanks for everyone's input and advice, it's what make this community the best forum out there.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:49 PM   #73

Tiffin Owners Club
Very nice that the President was a stand-up guy. Too bad that he didn't want to take credit for his forth-rightness as I'm sure that it would reflect positively on the park. Glad that your difficulties are over.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:43 PM   #74
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Good things come to those that wait. I had a feeling this would all blow over.
Kudo's to the park president for stepping up!

Glad you can put this behind you.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 05:48 PM   #75

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Very nice that the President was a stand-up guy. Too bad that he didn't want to take credit for his forth-rightness as I'm sure that it would reflect positively on the park. Glad that your difficulties are over.
x100

Most of the time, one has to clear the trash out to see the good things............
Like Larry stated, I would also give business/money his way.........in my travels for sure!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:01 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscot View Post
Look, I was merely pointing out the obvious. When this event occurred and the OP just drove away ASSUMING everything was OK, they dropped themselves right in the effluent that was flowing up near their property (MH) . You can't just hope everyone sees it the way you do and think all is well. It was a huge mistake to not get pictures and records. Why does everyone assume their insurance company is going to take care of everything? If they do, good for them. They may decide this isn't covered.
And, I wasn't giving advice.
Not a lawyer, but without pictures, names of witnesses and campground employees, I would say your next step is get out your checkbook.

sounds like advise to me,

Moxy
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 04:43 AM   #77

Fleetwood Owners Club
The letter you received for FD "services" is probably from a third party company, one of which had promised many local towns a revenue stream from billing anyone on a report, hoping the insurance company would just send a check for ANY service the FD performed. In our town they made many enemies and made no money until the city terminated these ambulance chasers.

Might be why Winepress was billed? One of those companies is in Roseville CA and I was emailed for a job with them until I talked with them about what they do, which is to milk all they can out of insurance companies. No one mentioned this option. The company gets to use the County letterhead, but you do not talk to anyone in the County, but the company.

1993 Pace Arrow Diesel Allison 6 spd
Cummins 8.3C Oshkosh M chassis
2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2017 EZ-Go Golf Cart
miwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:02 AM   #78

Tiffin Owners Club
Glad this all worked out for you. It is too bad that you cannot share the name. I would definitely put them on my preferred list.
eprman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:42 PM   #79

Really glad everything worked out for you.
I want to pose a question for discussion relative to sewage spilled. Every campground I have stayed in have many guests that have pets, dogs and cats. Most pet owners pick up after their pets, some do not. Is this material sewage, and if so why is it not considered toxic similar to spilled sewage. Is animal waste not toxic, but human is toxic?
Just a thought??
CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:10 PM   #80

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlGeo View Post
I want to pose a question for discussion relative to sewage spilled. Every campground I have stayed in have many guests that have pets, dogs and cats. Most pet owners pick up after their pets, some do not. Is this material sewage, and if so why is it not considered toxic similar to spilled sewage. Is animal waste not toxic, but human is toxic?
Just a thought??
This year we stayed in a Good Sam park south of Memphis but in Mississippi. A real nice park - they said they charge $25 if someone sees your dog drop a load and you don't pick it up. We didn't notice any dog droppings around the area. Seemed reasonable to me but I can visualize someone saying that's not from mu dog. The dog poop warning seems to work at that park.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:54 PM   #81

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Our Pookie's poop does not stink or spill out over the ground but my wife says the hazmat people should follow ME around just in case... :0
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:18 PM   #82

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Most pet owners pick up after their pets, some do not. Is this material sewage, and if so why is it not considered toxic similar to spilled sewage. Is animal waste not toxic, but human is toxic?

It's a matter of the diseases you can get from it. While there are some diseases that can be transmitted from animals, and some of those can be transmitted through feces, there are a LOT more diseases that can be transmitted from human to human, and lots that can be transmitted through feces or other bodily fluids: things like dysentery, hepatitis, E.Coli, and many other bacterial and viral infections. Neither of them is healthy, and it's wise to avoid exposure to either type of waste, but you can get much sicker, and get sick more easily, from human waste.
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #83

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Just a thought??
Both can carry illness causing stuff as ShapeShifter indicates.

I worked with municipal sewer sludge for @5 years and had employees who made it a career occupation. I also have picked up dog poop for about 60 years....... I never got sick.

Out of about 300 employees, who composted, tested, land applied sewage sludge, cleaned sewage digesters, cleaned storage ponds and trucked the sludge, we were not aware of anyone who became ill from their exposures.

But, do not ingest or allow the poop or sewage to enter your body via a wound or other opportunities and you should be just fine.

It's mere proximity is not a danger except to your olfactory sense.

It is likely that if your toothbrush is stored within 10 ft of your toilet, you are ingesting more bacteria from brushing your teeth than from air borne bacteria from nearby poop or sewage sludge.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 06:35 AM   #84

Winepress - Glad everything worked out for you. I bet that is a load off your mind and it's great that the campground owner stepped up and assumed responsibility.
rvpusher is offline   Reply With Quote